✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Drumming

wayne

Hi ! I'm new here and am a drummer in a coldplay tribute band Coldplace and thought i'd just drop into this forum and let everyone know that if anyone wants any help on drumming coldplay songs then i'll be happy to lend a hand if I can.

it is. i totally enjoy playing coldplay's stuff. the drumming's not too taxing (although learning the songs has taught me some stuff) but the songs are just so powerful, they're a real joy to play !

yeah, daylight is great to play. didn't really take too much to learn the pattern, just ages to get the real feel of it. really surprised me how long it took to feel really on it having learnt the rhythm first couple of times through. but have had it for a while now and enjoy it ten times more than i used to.

Wayne, have you ever heard of Coolplay? They suck to hell. I ust heard your mp3's, and from what it sounds, your cover band is really awesome! Keep up the good work! If you have a verion of politik, i'd love to hear it. Politik's my fav song. If you have one recorded, and if you can, send it to [email protected] . Thanks! :)

oh yes, i've heard of coolplay lol :lol: i don't really wanna go slagging off other coldplay tribute bands, but am am well pleased with your assessment of them and of us - you obviously know your stuff :cool: we haven't recorded politik yet but are hoping to get back in the studio soon - i don't know what we'll record but i for one would like to record politik. We open our shows with it and it's a totally amazing song.

politik is a superb song to play. a lot of it is just hitting it hard, but the little bits in between the chorus (i.e. the bits on the ride) are all about feel. especially the last bit leading up to the ending "give me love over, love over this". i love playing that bit, really gets everyone in the mood for the rest of the gig. the only real challenge with politik is making sure i start at the right tempo lol !

politik is a superb song to play. a lot of it is just hitting it hard' date=' but the little bits in between the chorus (i.e. the bits on the ride) are all about feel. especially the last bit leading up to the ending "give me love over, love over this". i love playing that bit, really gets everyone in the mood for the rest of the gig. the only real challenge with politik is making sure i start at the right tempo lol ![/quote']

I played politik on my cousin's drums. I looked up a drum tab, and I saw the ride but I don't hear it in any of the different variations of politik. And my cousin doesn't have a splash cymbal yet. so he uses his hihat instead, and he says it's annoying from switching from left to right...if you know what I'm talking about.

i use my crash rather than hi-hat (hit the edge). It's noisy, but i'm sure that's what will does. The bits on the ride occur in the second verse and in the third verse in the build up to the end. I actually play them bits on top of the crash now coz it's easier to just move slowly to the edge and build up the force with which i hit it so that it leads nicely back into the louder bit. i've not seen seen the drum tab for politik actually - in fact for any of the songs !! it hasn't occured to me to look for any ! d'ya find it on the web ?

No, i hear it in the verses but not in the Chorus. That's wher eI meant. You know how you slam the splash every beat? Well i saw that every other 3 beats, you hit the ride. so its like:

splash-splash-splash-ride | splash-splash-splash-ride | splash-splash-splash-ride | splash-splash-splash-ride | splash-crash-splash-ride | etc etc.....or something lol

ah ! see what you mean. i just use my two crashes. i don't think Will's got a splash - he's got an 18" A Custom Crash, a 19" A Custom Crash and a 22" K Custom Ride. I've not managed to get the cash together yet to get the above mentioned crashes so i'm still stuck with my Sabian Pro and Sabian AA. So I go crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro) | crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro) and it seems to do the job nicely. for the last bit i go crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro)-crash(pro)+crash(aa). as far as i can tell that does the job.