✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Candice Nelson: A talented R&B singer/songwriter, look o

kinglear

She's the woman who wrote Brandy's "Should I Go" and "I Tried," which both sample Coldplay. She's a Coldplay fan as well.

I talked online to a girl who knows Walter Milsap and his sister. Well, here's a some info on Candice.

Candice is a 25-year-old from Arkansas and her husband Walter Milsap is from Memphis, TN. Her album is expected to come out later this year on Walter's label Conjunctions. They're not sure what the distributor for the label will be. Also, they're not going to show any photos of Candice until the release of her first single. But I did get a description of her. She's a caramel-skinned, a little thick and a little chesty. The name GG stands for "Ghood Girl." As in she's "Good" and she's "Hood." She also demos all of her songs. Her musical influences include the Clark Sisters, Coldplay and a lot of old school music. She's even inspired by hip-hop artists like Nas. She says working with Brandy is like working with your sister. She also says Brandy knocks out songs like nobody's business. Her upcoming songwriting projects are new songs for Ron Isley's upcoming album. Look out for the song Walter and Candice wrote for Ray J's album called "Unbelievable."

Here's her resume. She's written like 100 more songs than this.

Candice Nelson’s Resume

Songs Candice co-wrote with Walter Milsap for Kiley Dean’s album Simple Girl

Cross the Line

No

Just Like That

Kiss Me Like That

Keep it Movin

America

Simple Girl

Stay Away from My Boyfriend

As Days Gone By

Make Me A Song

By Your Side by Kiley Dean & Utada Hikaru (2004) From the album Athens: Unity; written by Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap and Kiley Dean and a couple others; produced by Timbaland

Heartburn by Alicia Keys (2004) (J Records) From the album The Diary of Alicia Keys; written by Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap and Alicia Keys; produced by Timbaland

I’ve Been Changed by Karen Clark Sheard (2003) (Elektra) From the album 2nd Chance; written by Candice and Walter; produced by Walter Milsap

Insane by Timbaland & Magoo (2003) (Blackground/Universal) from the album Under Construction II; written by Walter Milsap & Magoo; produced by Timbaland

Songs that Candice co-wrote with Walter Milsap for Brandy’s 2004 album Afrodisiac (Atlantic)

How I Feel; produced by Walter Milsap

Who Is She 2 U; produced by Timbaland

I Tried (interpolates lyrics from Coldplay’s “Sparks”); produced by Timbaland

Focus; produced by Timbaland

Turn it Up; produced by Timbaland

Saddidy

Finally

Should I Go (samples Coldplay’s “Clocks”)

Adios feat. Sean Paul (not included on final release)

Noddin Off (not included on final release)

Songs Candice wrote for Kiley Dean that are unreleased

Brokenhearted

I Wish

Songs Written by Candice and performed by her

Act Like You Know

ATL

First You Had It All

Hot

Mmm…

One Wish

Wish I Never Met You

Dat Dude by Victoria Beckham

Issues by Unknown artist

Miss You; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Not the One by Final 4; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Rather Be with You; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Resentment by Victoria Beckham; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

She Don’t by Letoya Luckett; from Letoya’s upcoming solo album on Capitol Records; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

So Easy; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Something I Wanna Give You by Sunshine Anderson

The Victim by R.L.; written by R.L., Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Unbelievable by Ray J feat. Shorty Mack; written by Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap, Ray J & Noel Fisher; produced by Timbaland

What Happen by R.L.; written by R.L., Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Why; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

You Would Never; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

Don’t Push Me; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap

I Wanna Move; written by Candice Nelson & Walter Milsap; produced by Mike City

Rollin by John D.O.E.; Candice intros the song and sings hook; produced by Timbaland

Never Forget the Day by Brent Jones (2001) extra vocals: Candice Nelson

Get Up! By Brent Jones (2001)

Don’t Take My Girl Away by Dave Hollister (2000) (Motown); written by Candice and Walter; produced by Walter Milsap; from the 2000 album Chicago 85: The Movie.; Candice sings the hook with Dave Hollister

He’ll Be Back by Jennifer Lopez (2005) (Epic) from the album Rebirth; written by Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap; produced by Timbaland; extra vocals: Candice Nelson

He’ll Arrive (Coming Back) by Yolanda Adams (1999) (Elektra) written by Candice Nelson, Walter Milsap; produced by Walter Milsap; background vocals: Candice Nelson, Yolanda Adams, Kelly Price

Handle Your Business by the Johnson Sisters (2003) (Dreamworks) from the album Ice Cream; written by Walter Milsap, Candice Nelson & R.L.; produced by Walter Milsap

Someone by the Johnson Sisters (2003) (Dreamworks) from the album Ice Cream; written by Walter Milsap, Candice Nelson & R.L.; produced by Walter Milsap

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm a big supporter of Candice Nelson. She's an R&B singer, but trust me even though R&B has had a bad rap for a while, Candice has a lot of influences. She writes all of her songs, but she's not a corny writer. Anyway, I want y'all to hear this girl sing.

LL Cool J "Every Sip" (prod. by Timbaland) she sings on it.

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=21BO9WNLZRHRZ33I35H7N1YR7N

Timbaland & Magoo feat. Candice Nelson. Her voice is mesmerizing on this one. Tight beat as well.

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EL23LT9GMUT731O6I26IYJLJQ