✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A little something from radio1 last week

BlissfullyMuse

Coldplay live their dreams

Last updated 19 April 2005

Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland from Coldplay came into Radio 1 last night (Monday) to give Steve Lamacq the first play of their single.

The guys seemed very embarrassed about the compliments from listeners after the single was played and joked they wanted to remix it again.

They admit they're very shy about talking about their new album 'X and Y' but Chris talked about how they've turned up Jonny's guitars to show off what a great musician he is.

Despite the nerves about the album they can't wait to head off on tour and play Glastonbury and are loving life at the moment.

"We're living our dream lives, we're entertained all the time."

"I spoke to Noel Gallagher from the band Oasis. When you speak to someone who was around when you were 14 and now they're speaking to you as contemporaries, you have to hit yourself on the head and remind yourself that your dreams have come true. It's amazing."

"We're still excited about it. Every part of what we do is exciting and incredible."

As well as releasing a new album, the band are also heading off on tour soon.

They chose their own support bands for the dates - Interpol is one of them - Chris explained why:

"They're disarmingly handsome, and what we thought we needed to open for Coldplay was a disarmingly handsome band."

"The Strokes weren't available and nor were Kings of Leon or Girls Aloud, so Interpol it was."

:P

They chose their own support bands for the dates - Interpol is one of them - Chris explained why:

"They're disarmingly handsome, and what we thought we needed to open for Coldplay was a disarmingly handsome band."

:lol: hehe :P

I've recently started listening to Interpol because everyone on here was talking about them. I hadn't heard about them before, but now I think they're great! Too bad they are supporting the 28 june gig and not the 27 june one. I would love to see them live.