✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

HMV Ireland midnight opening - Just Back - Pics

Stimulusrock

Wahey, X&Y is officially out over here and I have my copy! Ireland is god for one thing: Getting albums on the Friday before everybody else. Me and a couple of mates were first in line at about 11:20 (2 hours ago). As well as the album, 20 goody bags were to be had, contents below:

xy1.jpg

Double sided square cardboard thingy, band side shown. Album artwork on other side. Hologram postcard thing promoting the June 5th Live MTV show. The album itself. X&Y keyring with "made from recycled plastic cups" on the other side! :)

xy2.jpg

Poster. same as the one in the Coldplay eshop.

xy3.jpg

The bag itself. Make Trade Fair written in the code on one side, X&Y on the other. Make Trade Fair is also in code on the last page of the booklet, and there's the full alphabet deciphered on the centre pages.

People might know some of this already, I just though I'd share my joy!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just down the road, Golden Discs had X&Y for a euro cheaper, but no goodies. Virgin over the other side of the city did a midnight opening too, but I don't know what they were offering. HMV Grafton Street is usually the place to be for these things though, the night of the U2 album there were hundreds there. The keyring was just in the goody bag. Don't know if you can buy it elsewhere...

Guest LiquidSky
Just down the road' date=' Golden Discs had X&Y for a euro cheaper, but no goodies. Virgin over the other side of the city did a midnight opening too, but I don't know what they were offering. HMV Grafton Street is usually the place to be for these things though, the night of the U2 album there were hundreds there. The keyring was just in the goody bag. Don't know if you can buy it elsewhere...[/quote']

So someone goes to buy one right now..they wouldn't get the same thing as you? (ME WANTS ONE TOO!!!!)

*not jealous not jealous* as victaniac says lol

:(

Guest LiquidSky
Just down the road' date=' Golden Discs had X&Y for a euro cheaper, but no goodies. Virgin over the other side of the city did a midnight opening too, but I don't know what they were offering. HMV Grafton Street is usually the place to be for these things though, the night of the U2 album there were hundreds there. The keyring was just in the goody bag. Don't know if you can buy it elsewhere...[/quote']

So if someone goes to buy one right now..they wouldn't get the same thing as you? (ME WANTS ONE TOO!!!!)

So someone goes to buy one right now..they wouldn't get the same thing as you? (ME WANTS ONE TOO!!!!)

Well there was a sign outside saying that they only had 20 goody bags, and from the looks of it the sign was right, so not even everybody who was there at midnight would've got one. I'd say the record company sent out a quota of these bags to all the big places doing special openings. You won't get any goodies in Ireland buying the album anymore, but I'd say the rest of the world might have similar stuff on Monday and Tuesday.

Guest LiquidSky

Well there was a sign outside saying that they only had 20 goody bags, and from the looks of it the sign was right, so not even everybody who was there at midnight would've got one. I'd say the record company sent out a quota of these bags to all the big places doing special openings. You won't get any goodies in Ireland buying the album anymore, but I'd say the rest of the world might have similar stuff on Monday and Tuesday.

You should have bought 2 then! :o

Hmmm well it doesn't say anything on the official site about the rest of the world..yet...The album comes out on Tuesday over here.. :(

i went to Virgin on Henry St. got there at 12.01 or so... no one around, but thats normal for midnight openings on henry st. they were giving away X&Y posters to all customers and entering everyone into a draw for something X&Y related (i cant remember what though, as i was on my way home from the pub :blush: ) so got my cd, got my poster and got my ticket for the draw, which is taking place sometime this afternoon in the store! i think i heard the word lithograph mentioned, but dont quote me on that.

Guest LiquidSky
i went to Virgin on Henry St. got there at 12.01 or so... no one around' date=' but thats normal for midnight openings on henry st. they were giving away X&Y posters to all customers and entering everyone into a draw for something X&Y related (i cant remember what though, as i was on my way home from the pub :blush: ) so got my cd, got my poster and got my ticket for the draw, which is taking place sometime this afternoon in the store! i think i heard the word lithograph mentioned, but dont quote me on that.[/quote']

So you didn't get any Coldpla goodybag then?

Wahey, X&Y is officially out over here and I have my copy! Ireland is god for one thing: Getting albums on the Friday before everybody else. Me and a couple of mates were first in line at about 11:20 (2 hours ago). As well as the album, 20 goody bags were to be had, contents below:

xy1.jpg

Double sided square cardboard thingy, band side shown. Album artwork on other side. Hologram postcard thing promoting the June 5th Live MTV show. The album itself. X&Y keyring with "made from recycled plastic cups" on the other side! :)

xy2.jpg

Poster. same as the one in the Coldplay eshop.

xy3.jpg

The bag itself. Make Trade Fair written in the code on one side, X&Y on the other. Make Trade Fair is also in code on the last page of the booklet, and there's the full alphabet deciphered on the centre pages.

People might know some of this already, I just though I'd share my joy!

Any chance for you to mail all these things to Brazil ? ;)