✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What if X&Y had been released first …

BONES

I know that we all love this album because it’s really really good but when it was released, we ’d known a lot about the band, we’d heard a lot of their songs before and Coldplay’d already been the band we love the most.

So just imagine what would’ve happened if they’d released their 1st album X&Y instead of Parachutes, when you had no idea about Coldplay would you decide to become their fan right after listening to this album?

Let me answer first

I started my love for Coldplay right after their first album Parachutes, the song yellow did impress me very very much and if it had been X&Y instead maybe it’d just been one of my fav CDs and maybe they would’ve had to wait for their next album to become famous, and I would’ve had to wait for Parachutes to become their fan :D:D:D

Tho I had heard of Coldplay, I never really heard them; when reading good reviews of X&Y, I bought the CD. I love it, all the songs, but some more than others. It made me a fan, and so bought Rush of Blood To Head Album. Like it too, but X&Y is my favorite.

i think yes.....but this supposing is quite weird because parachutes is more slowlier and not as well composed as x&y.i mean parachutes is a fucking good album and i love it but we can see that this is the first album.......so what i want to say taht parachutes couldnt be their third album.......but if i can say yes or no this question than i say yes.i would be as big fan as now

very interesting question indeed.

I think I would have been a fan, mainly because of 'speed of sound'. I just love that song and if I would have heard it back then, I would definitely have become a fan anyway. I guess. *hehe*

but 'yellow' would have been released very late. well, almost by now. *lol* weird thought, if you ask me. ^^

funny someone should bring up this point because i myself has said similar things. i mean i was pretty unimpressed with X&Y, let's be honest -- but if that had been some unknown group and you handed me X&Y i'd probably have really enjoyed it and thought it was great.

but because i know where coldplay's been, it's hard to enjoy where they seem to be going.

i don't know to be honest. the thing that made me notice the band was the acoustic guitars and intamacy of it all on parachutes.

each album to me has been a progression in sound.

when i heard 'a rush of blood to the head' it was a progression on from 'parachutes'. at first i was drawn to the intimate tracks such as the scientist, green eyes and warning sign. then i really got into the other tracks like politik, clocks and god put a smile etc.

the latest album to me is another step up again and at first when i heard the tracks in march played at the kcrw show i didn't really get into them eg speed of sound, what if and white shadows. i really liked 'a message' but now i like all the songs.

i know this sounds a bit OTT but to me every track the band has released seems to have something to offer (well it does to me anyway) :)

Good question :thumbsup:

I think i would definently like them even if X&Y came out first but i love Parachutes and thats definently one of their albums that shows themat their freshest and most innocent..i think anyways!!its amazing... :)