✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

1.36, moses, i ran away..

Daner

These are some of coldplay's best songs in my opinion, they should have been on x&y. Not that x&y is a bad album, but it would have been much better with those songs, they could have replaced some of the more crappy songs on x&y.

Right, to my question, did they ever record moses in a studio version? I can only find live versions, if someone has a studio version let me know :confused: .

like YamiMarik528 has said they have not released a studio version unfortunatly. The band recorded a few demos and bits and pieces in studios while on tour in 2003, so there may be a studio version

however there are a few different live versions of the song 'moses' that have been made available by people taping the shows

27th August 2003

Julie Slater Show; 92.3 K-Rock Radio, New York, NY, USA

(chris solo acoustic for a radio show before the MTV VMA 2003 appearance)

22nd July 2003

Hordern Pavillion; Sydney, Australia

(currently the definitive version of the song, which is avaliable on the live 2003 DVD)

27 August 2002

Olympia; Paris, France

(first time the song was played live, chris plays it at the end of the show solo on the electric guitar)

the song was played a few times on the jan-Mar and May-Jun north american tours in 2003. the versions played on this tour were virtually the same as the 'live 2003 dvd' version)

These are some of coldplay's best songs in my opinion, they should have been on x&y. Not that x&y is a bad album, but it would have been much better with those songs, they could have replaced some of the more crappy songs on x&y.

Right, to my question, did they ever record moses in a studio version? I can only find live versions, if someone has a studio version let me know :confused: .

That's just a great thing about brilliant song writers (Chris Martin, Noel Gallagher). They create outstanding b-sides. I do think I Ran Away is a very good song, and it being a b-side is proof of songwriter's sheer genius, much like The Masterplan and Listen Up were Oasis b-sides.

By the way, as of the moment I think Oasis has the best b-sides of all, but I think Coldplay could catch on lol.

great songs, one of the few bands i make an effort to collect as much b sides as i can.

chris martin said in the NME interview that if you lined up the disgarded songs you could go to the moon and back.

if the bsides are this good imagine what they consider as bad