✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My Shoreline Review [19 Aug 2005]

IneedYou23

WOW!!What a concert last night at the Shoreline.It was my first Coldplay concert and they certainly did not dissapoint.Me and my friend went who wasnt really into Coldplay til i got him to start listeing to them and when X&Y came out.Now he cant stop listening to them lol.We got there at like 6ish because i was being anal and wanted to be on time an not miss anything,being it my first Coldplay concert.We walked around a bit,had drinks,talked with friends we saw there,and baught some things.I got 2 t-shirts that were $35 each!Craziness!But i said oh well and got them anyways.i also got a program which was $20!Had a lot of photos of the boys and lyrics to all the songs on X&Y.But sometimes u gotta spend some money to have a little fun.So we got to out seats just as Black Mountain came on.We were in section 101 just right of the stage if you are facing it,row I seats 20 and 21.The seats were pretty close which made me very excited that we were that close!We saw next to a couple young ladies who were very friendly and we had a few chats with them.

Black Mountain were pretty interesting but had some pretty good beats.So at about 930 i think it was,the intro to Square One kicked off.And i got chills as soon as i heard that.The crowd went nuts and the clock was really cool.It was so energetic it was great how everyone was into it.Chris was hoping around going from one end of the stage to the other.The went through Politik and then Yellow which the crowd loved.Somewhere in there Chris asked for the lights to be turned on so he could see the crowd.Then when the lights came on he said,"Oh shit!!"LOL that was funny.He was very enteractive with the crowd.He must have talked to the crowd for like 5 mins straight before Til Kingdom Come which was cool.The after Yellow they played GPASUYF.Chris started the intro and then stopped all of the sudden and told the crowd to all come foward which was cool.Everyone went running to get as close as they could but i didnt feel like being all crunched up so i stayed put.But after everyone had to go back.

Next the ran through,SOS,Low,ARROBTTH,and Everythings Not Lost.The they played White Shadows which was just amazing!Guys bass line was thumping all through the venue.You couldnt help but move around to the beat.Johnnys guitar was massive,Wills drums were great and ofcourse Chris was runnin around like a little kid.Then came The Scientist which was epic!The they went through the acoustic set with Til Kingdom Come,Ring of Fire,and Dont Panic.It was really nice to hear them sing Ring of Fire the whole crowd was into it and singing along.Then next was Clocks!The best performance of the night!The intro was great with Will beating on his drums and then when the piano came in,everyone went nuts!Chris was goin bonkers at the piano and at the end when they played it as fast as they all could was just amazing to see!I didnt even know Chris could play that fast!The next was Talk which was pretty good!But i didnt understand the Bear on the screen walking back and forth it was pretty interesting and funny!

Then then came on for the encore with Swallowed in the Sea In My Place and Fix You.SITS was great to hear live.And i loved In My Place with Wills intro and Chris running all through the crowd.The the incredible Fix You for the closer!It was a great way to end a perfect night.With chris swinging the light in a big circle and then them singing together at the end.It was great.Then Chris and Will were dancing together as the left the stage that was funny!

I was left in awe!I can honestly say that i like them even more now...if thats possible lol.They always seem to amaze me in some way and are a hell of a band!I cant wait til the next i get to see them!My highlights were:

Square One,GPASUYF,White Shadows,Clocks,and In My Place.

I took some pictures but most of them didnt come out too good but ill post some of them!

Most awesome show!

Yes I have to agree this was the most awesome show/concert I've been to!

This was my FIFTH Coldplay concert, I've seen them at the Warfield when they were just starting out in 2001, the theater was only 3/4 full!! Those were the days!) :P I also saw them in Berkeley (2002?), then Marysville (2003?), the Fillmore this year (which was quite a show since it was such a small venue and was a great show but I was very disappointed with the crowd that night!! Not that many people were pushing for ancore, or at least they didn't work very hard for it, I actually felt bad for the band... )

But the show at the Shoreline topped them all!!

It was very high energy, the crowd was great, Chris was super friendly with the audience (told people to move closer, shook some hands, the band members all had disposable cameras and took pictures of the crowd and then I believe handed them to a few people in the audience, and in one of the last songs Chris ran up behind he seats, in between the seats a lawn and sang the rest of the song [in my Place?] which I really, really thought was personal and not many singers risk doing that these days.)

I loved that they played for so long (at least 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours) and they really mixed it up with all three albums very well.

Chris was his usual jokey self, making a few jokes throughout the concert, stopped twice because he "messed up" the song somehow or another. And in the back drop screens during one of the songs, the words,

"GET"

"YOUR"

"CAMERA"

"OUT"

Flashed 2-3 times.

Then it counted down...

"3"

"2"

"1"

And they displayed the audience on the screen. Pretty funny. I guess they were trying to build us up to something grand and then showed us, ourselves. :D

Like the person above said, they played a continuous video feed throughout the "Talk" song... it was a bear that obviously was in a zoo... pacing back and forth, which gave a "trapped" feeling, it wasn't in it's natural habitat, had no where to go. I can only guess Coldplay was trying to get a message through. The message I got was that we place things in awkward sinuations and it's not really nice or fair.

The show was just simply amazing!

They've come along way with their light displays also. The first few concerts were literally just different colored lights moving back and forth. Now they have all kinds of light displays, back drops, and just more animation and audience participate.

Enjoy!!

Re: My Shoreline Review

We were in section 101 just right of the stage if you are facing it,row I seats 20 and 21.The seats were pretty close which made me very excited that we were that close!We saw next to a couple young ladies who were very friendly and we had a few chats with them.

ha ha, I think we I was one of the young ladies sitting next to you!! I was in Section 101, row I seat 22, so I'm assuming you are one of the guys that was next to me and my friend. Was one of you wearing a Make Trade Fair shirt? I completely agree with your review. It was AMAZING and it was nice to be sitting next to some true fans because it seemed like a lot of the people around us were older and not that into Coldplay. Anyway, it was a spectacular concert and it will go down as one of the best nights of my life.

ha ha, I think we I was one of the young ladies sitting next to you!! I was in Section 101, row I seat 22, so I'm assuming you are one of the guys that was next to me and my friend. Was one of you wearing a Make Trade Fair shirt? I completely agree with your review. It was AMAZING and it was nice to be sitting next to some true fans because it seemed like a lot of the people around us were older and not that into Coldplay. Anyway, it was a spectacular concert and it will go down as one of the best nights of my life

haha thats funny!yea i was the one in the Make Trade Fair shirt lol.Thats nuts!Which one were you?

lyrical change

Man, shoreline was ridiculous. Best concert i have ever been to. I was wondering, what song was it again that he changed one if the lines into a shout out "from berkeley to golden gate park"? was it politik? i know he shouted out sf a bit, but he only did it once for berk. which was still very awesome.

Yes it was Politik. Something like "Give me light or give me dark, give me Golden Gate Park, from Berkeley to San Francisco." I never saw the band on the stage at all, I could barely see the screen :( , never general admission lawn again :/

"The first time I saw Coldplay, I didn't see Coldplay." Just like the reviewer in the program for sale said.

• 2 weeks later...