✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mannheim Nov. 10th 2005

DocFederfeld

Is there really no thread about Mannheim yet? Am I the only one there tonight? I hope not, but a private concert for my wife and me might be fun ;) . I wish everybody a great night tonight and hope that someone will post the setlist afterwards. or do they play the same songs every night? I'm really looking forward.

mmh, don't know really..

i was in the 10th row or so, just didn't think that many people were going crazy or singing along..

but at least they played amsterdam which might make some of you jealous ;)

or my expectations were simply too high after reading all these comments here..

nevertheless the show was pretty nice :)

need to sleep, have to work tomorrow

It was my first Coldplay concert. The gig was good, but not one of the best I have seen. Coldplay are a very powerful Live-band, but I was disappointed that they played only 90 minutes (encores included). The last concerts I have seen this year (Springsteen, Dream Theater, The Machine) were between 150 and 180 minutes. Also, the Maimarkthalle in Mannheim is one of the shittiest concerthalls in the world (I've been in more than 100 concerts in many countries over the last nearly 25 years, so I can say that :lol: ). The entrance is small, there are too few toilettes, the sound is beyond average. It is actually that was build for fairs, not for concerts. That was the reason for the not-so-good atmosphere.

Anyway - what I liked: The setlist - a good mix of old and new songs, the light show and (as I said before) the power of the band.

I was really curious about Goldfrapp, because I had read a lot of good things about this band, but they are not my style - too synthetic, too boring :D

Sorry about my english - it is usaully a little bit better if I'm less tired.

Question from a "newbie": Is it a normal thing during a Coldplay concert that Chris leaves stage during the show and returns in the back of the hall ???

I was standing in the rear part of the Maimarkthalle, was drinking some beer… and suddenly Chris Martin was next to me. I was totally confused and thought somebody had put some drugs in my beer. :lol:

GREAT SHOW !!!

Question from a "newbie": Is it a normal thing during a Coldplay concert that Chris leaves stage during the show and returns in the back of the hall ???

I was standing in the rear part of the Maimarkthalle, was drinking some beer… and suddenly Chris Martin was next to me. I was totally confused and thought somebody had put some drugs in my beer. :lol:

GREAT SHOW !!!

:lol: hehe... yep, that's normal. at least, if it was during 'in my place'. chris usually visits the fans who are in the back then. ^^

Okay... I think I should have visited this forum earlier to avoid such shocking moments :lol: (and yes, I think it was during "In My Place")

Some more details from the show:

One song (I think it was “Amsterdam”) was restarted because Chris had forgotten the lyrics.

“Til Kingdom Come” was interrupted because a fan shouted something during a very quiet part of the song. The band stopped the song immediately, and Chris told the guy in a very funny way not to disturb such a quiet song… when they continued, they laughed that much that it was hard for Chris to finish the song in a serious way (I remember there is a “laughing version” of an Elvis song… so, this was a laughing version of a Coldplay song :lol: ).

And there were several things Chris sang in German… during “Talk” there was a snippet of Kraftwerk’s “Autobahn”, and between two songs Chris sang something else in German (probably an old German chanson, but not sure :huh: ).

the setlist of Mannheim of course... :cool:

thanks

I was there, but I cannot remember every song and not the exact order neither. Nobody here to help us?????

I remember:

Square One

Politik

Yellow

Speed Of Sound

X&Y

White Shadows

'Til Kingdom Come

Don't Panic

Amsterdam

Clocks

Talk

Encores (they are correct):

Swallowed In the Sea

In My Place

Fix You

I think I got it right:

Square One

Politik

Yellow

Speed Of Sound

X&Y

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Amsterdam

White Shadows

The Scientist

Til Kingdom Come

Don't Panic

Clocks

Talk

--------------

Swallowed In The Sea

In My Place

Fix You

If you find a mistake, please correct me. Btw: The concert was amazing

Re: Pics Mannheim

FABULOUS! THANKS! :cool:

GREAT SHOW !!!

LMAO!! What a nice surprise for you...

:lol: