✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Trivia on their b-sides & rarities...

gentleparachute

Right now I'm compiling the various non-album Coldplay songs that I have and collecting bits of information to attach to them... I've tried searching for these various bits of info but to no avail. For anyone who helps answers these questions I promise at least 10 bling for each question answered (more for the first two) :D Thanks

1) I have two versions of Brothers & Sisters. The first is the quieter version while the second one has jangly guitars and is more upbeat. Can someone tell me which version is from the Trouble single and which is from Brothers & Sisters?

2) Is the track called "Marianne" or "Sweet Marianne"?

Also, does anyone know the dates (as well as performance venues) of many of their unreleased songs e.g. Sweet Marianne, Solid Ground, Idiot, Harmless, Streets of Baltimore, Ladder to the sun (the 1st/orginal version), The World Turned Upside Down (original) etc.?

question one

the trouble version is the one with the slide guitar at the begining like " beee booow WOOO " and the the song kicks in with drums and everything.

The original is the other one.....where the song starts with all instruments playing with the guitar part "dunada dunada dunada dunada" if you can see what i mean. or listen to the song samples on itunes and you will see.

B-Sides & Rarities

Does anyone here know the info about the 1st (original) version of 'SPIES'....Was it produced by Ken Nelson or Nikolai Levey?

What compilation CD is it from? I recall seeing the compilation CD on ebay about 4 years ago but I didn't bid on it. I haven't really seen much info about it or do I know exactly where it is from....

....Only that it is very Early Coldplay! Before Parachutes anyway....

Help Anyone?

hopefully this helps about the "Brothers & Sisters" question...the queiter version is from the Brothers & Sisters EP that they put out, it is the first version i think...as for the more upbeat version that was released on the soundtrack for the tv show Roswell back in like 2002 or early 2003

^ Is there another version (apart from the Trouble and Bro & Sis versions) that they did for Roswell?

question one

the trouble version is the one with the slide guitar at the begining like " beee booow WOOO " and the the song kicks in with drums and everything.

The original is the other one.....where the song starts with all instruments playing with the guitar part "dunada dunada dunada dunada" if you can see what i mean. or listen to the song samples on itunes and you will see.

So you're saying the Trouble version is the one that's 4:48 mins long, and starts off more quietly with just Jonny + Chris' guitar intro before the drums kick in at about 0:40...

While the Bro & Sis original kicks off with all instruments and is barely over 4:00 mins long?

I have both the original 'BROTHERS & SISTERS' CD single and the 'TROUBLE' CD single....This is what my CD singles state-

The 'BROTHERS & SISTERS' 4:00 minute version is from Coldplay's 2nd release and is on the fierce Panda label. This is before Coldplay had signed to Parlophone/EMI. This is Original 1st version starting with the entire band and is a much heavier version than the one on 'TROUBLE' CD single. This was recorded and released in 1999 produced by "crash & coldplay"....

The 'Brother & Sisters' 4:48 minute version is from the 'TROUBLE' CD single and starts off with just an acoustic guitar and Johnny's electric....the rest of the band drop in at around 0:40 seconds. It is a lighter version than the original EP and was "Produced by Ken Nelson". This single was released in fall 2000 after the 'BROTHERS & SISTERS' EP, 'THE BLUE ROOM' EP , 'SHIVER' , and 'YELLOW' singles....This version is the 2nd version and was re-recorded most likely during the 'PARACHUTES' sessions....

I don't have the 'Roswell' soundtrack but I am 99.9% sure that it is one of those 2 versions....

I hope this helps....

Re: B-Sides & Rarities

Does anyone here know the info about the 1st (original) version of 'SPIES'....Was it produced by Ken Nelson or Nikolai Levey?

I think the demo was produced by Chris Allison. He was their very first producer, though it could also be Nikolai Levey since he did produce a ton of their earlier songs.

The 'BROTHERS & SISTERS' 4:00 minute version is from Coldplay's 2nd release and is on the fierce Panda label. This is before Coldplay had signed to Parlophone/EMI. This is Original 1st version starting with the entire band and is a much heavier version than the one on 'TROUBLE' CD single. This was recorded and released in 1999 produced by "crash & coldplay"....

Could someone please upload this version of Brothers & Sisters? I've never heard it before.