✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How early......?

Moses

hey,

i'm just wondering if any of you have gone to a coldplay concert and been in the front or at least around the 5th row and how early you went to line up? i'm wonderin cuz i'd really love to be close and see them really well, even though i know it's gonna be a great show where ever i stand. so anyone, how early to be closest? please and thankyou :-D

Let's see... I got in line at 8:30am (I was the second person in line) and the fourth person (after my sister) got there at about 11am. After that people came at a steady pace. I even scheduled my classes this semester so that I would be off the day of the concert. I didn't want to take any chances - I HAD to be up front! It worked, I was front and center! Well worth the wait.

o that's great asha. thankyou very much. i bet it was worth the wait. but one other question then since ur were so close. my parents and my friends parents keep sayin that if we went early and were close to the front of the line, once the doors open ppl really start pushing and we'd end up in the back. did u really have to run and stay tough to keep ur spot???? cuz i'm thinkin, it's coldplay. lol. they're nice guys, and from all the fans i know, they're nice ppl too. it's not like an ozzy concert or teenage girls at a n'sync concert. but i don't really know. :-o

o that's great asha. thankyou very much. i bet it was worth the wait. but one other question then since ur were so close. my parents and my friends parents keep sayin that if we went early and were close to the front of the line' date=' once the doors open ppl really start pushing and we'd end up in the back. did u really have to run and stay tough to keep ur spot???? cuz i'm thinkin, it's coldplay. lol. they're nice guys, and from all the fans i know, they're nice ppl too. it's not like an ozzy concert or teenage girls at a n'sync concert. but i don't really know. :-o[/quote']

When the time finally came, two doors were opened. After having the usher-guy rip the ticket and passing through the turnstyle, yeah people were rushing, but not running - more like race walking. There were security standing around to make sure people didn't run. Once you get to your spot, especially if you're in the very front against the barricade, you're pretty much safe. You're right - Coldplay fans are very nice. No pushing, no sneaky stuff, at least that was my experience. You shouldn't have a problem! :D

:lol: i didn't go early, the concert was announced to start at 9pm and i got in at about 9.30 :D

so there was no chance to get to the front. but at this time i didn't know yet that coldplay were sooo great, and it was my first gig ever..

but 8.30am! isn't that a bit veery early??? when did the concert start finally?

but 8.30am! isn't that a bit veery early??? when did the concert start finally?

Oh yeah, 8:30am is early! The show didn't start until like 8pm. Most people started showing up after 12pm. Like I said, I didn't want to take any chances. When I saw U2 in November 2001, I got in line at 5:30am and was 92nd in line! :o (The people at the front of that line had been there since the day before.) Now, I knew there wouldn't be that kind of demand at Coldplay, but I figured since they were in my hometown and I had nothing else to do, I might as well sit in line and secure an awesome spot right by the stage for a concert experience I'll never forget. I would just kick myself if I had missed that kind of opportunity.

I mean, there's plenty of room along the stage, so even if you're further back in line you'll still get a great spot - front, second, third rows, etc. I had a fun time hanging out all day in line - met quite a few other Coldplay fans!

thanxs for the info guys :-D

i really want to see them well and i wanted to go around 7 or 8am (the concert starts at 7:30pm) but some things have come up and now I just really wanna be there 12 the latest. but great thanxs. and wow asha. u got to see both coldplay and U2 really well. that's lucky.

hey asha!

well unfortunately i'm not going to a coldplay gig now, but to a silverchair concert, which won't be worse i think, so i wanna be at the front too..

so if me and my friend are going there kinda early (we'll have loads of time the day..) what to do with all the time waiting there??? especially if it's hot, and i suppose it will be hot, since it's on may 30...

any idea?

;)

When I was in line I brought a backpack full of stuff to keep me busy (we were allowed to bring any bags, chairs, etc. back to our cars before the doors opened). Included was a book to read, some homework, a portable CD player with headphones and some of my favorite CD's, and the newspaper. I didn't do any of my homework - too busy chatting with the fellow Coldplayers around me! In line at the U2 concert, my sister and I played the alphabet game with celebrity names for like 3 hours - lol. Of course bring snacks and water (very important, especially if it's hot). At Coldplay, we ended up going in together with a few other people and ordering some pizzas.

Some people in line passed the time by walking around the venue to try and find the band. And wouldn't you know it, a group of girls found all of Coldplay around at the back (they were doing an interview or something)! They took pictures with all of them! :o :o When those girls came back telling of their encounter other people went to try their luck, but the guys were already gone. :sad:

You could bring games, a deck of cards, heck - a frisbee! Whatever you think will make the time pass by fast.

:D :D