everjason

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

大家好,

Hello everybody,

我不是中国人,可是我现在在中国打工. 我要说我爱这里.

I am not Chinese, however I'm currently staying in China for working。 I must say I like it here.

酷玩在中国这么流行?我刚刚可以找到任何事,除假的"X和Y"光盘以外.

How popular is Coldplay in China? I can hardly find anything, except for fake X&Y CDs.

你们知不知道在苏州或上海哪里可以买酷玩的别的东西?

Do you know where to buy something else from Coldplay in Suzhou or Shanghai?

小倪

"I love Coldplay" in Chinese:

我爱酷玩

hopefully you can view it clearly! :lol:

Yes I can see it I got the chinese characters installed on my pc at work :D ..I really like it..damn I must learn some chinese I can just say thank you and good morning (but I don't know how to write it :lol: :lol: )

hi iriden!

i'm so glad you can view the Chinese characters i wrote! you'll soon find these Chinese characters are more of works of art! i know loads of westerners find writing Chinese characters some kinda like drawing pictures! Do ya share the same feeling? :) as a Chinese, i can probably claim we have the most delicate and marvellous lettering system on the planet! for example "山" is mountain, "口" is mouth, "爪" is paw, and the most interesting thing is: "一" is one,"二" is two, "三" is three! Cool, isn't it? :) but one thing i should make clear, we now have two kinds of Chinese lettering system: one is simplified Chinese characters(used in Chinese mainland) and traditional Chinese characters(used in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and almost every Chinatown all over the world).

I must learn some chinese I can just say thank you and good morning (but I don't know how to write it )

well, "谢谢" means thank you, and "早上好" means good morning.

and for ur country italy, "意大利"

hope ya have fun learning Chinese!

hi xiaoni!

you say you are not Chinese? but ur username seems very Chinese to me! :)

i'm very surprised to see a guy who's not Chinese can type Chinese characters!

well, that's just some kinda rare to me!

and i'm quite interested to know ur nationality. are ya from Singapore? Korea? Malaysia? or are you an ABC or smthn like that?

ok, in Shanghai you can buy coldplay stuff in many places. i recommend Shanghai Book Mall. on the sixth floor of the building you can find it.

but i'm not quite familiar how things work in Suzhou. if ya can't find smthn in Suzhou, Shanghai is a good choice. you know, it's only an hour drive from Suzhou to Shanghai.

hi iriden!

i'm so glad you can view the Chinese characters i wrote! you'll soon find these Chinese characters are more of works of art! i know loads of westerners find writing Chinese characters some kinda like drawing pictures!

Well a sort of...you know it's that we don't know the meaning but they're really nice and completely different from our letters, I always imagine how can it be to read those characters, it seems so weird when you're used to western ones, don't know if you have the same feelings :cool:

well, "谢谢" means thank you, and "早上好" means good morning.

and for ur country italy, "意大利"

hope ya have fun learning Chinese!

How would you write these in english, I mean with our letters :)

well iriden, we've developed a kind of phonetic system to help pronounce these charaters. we use 25 of the 26 letters on the Latin alphabet(we use another letter to replace v), but that's not all! you must be aware in Chinese when we pronounce a character/word/phrase with different tones, it'll have utterly different meaning! therefore, while we use the letters to spell the pronounciation of a character, we gotta add tone marks. so, i gotta say Chinese is really a very difficult language(esp. to westerners)!

and moreover i should make one thing clear: the letters in our phonetic system can't be pronounced in the English way, their prononciations are somewhat different. so, according to ur request, i'll give you the pronunciation according to the English phonetic rules rather than ours(but i'm afraid i cant do with the tone marks)

"thank you" pronounces"sheah sheah"

"good morning" pronounces "zao sharng howl"

"italy" pronounces "yi da li"

hopefully that'll help ya a lil bit! :)

hi xiaoni!

you say you are not Chinese? but ur username seems very Chinese to me! :)

i'm very surprised to see a guy who's not Chinese can type Chinese characters!

well, that's just some kinda rare to me!

and i'm quite interested to know ur nationality. are ya from Singapore? Korea? Malaysia? or are you an ABC or smthn like that?

ok, in Shanghai you can buy coldplay stuff in many places. i recommend Shanghai Book Mall. on the sixth floor of the building you can find it.

but i'm not quite familiar how things work in Suzhou. if ya can't find smthn in Suzhou, Shanghai is a good choice. you know, it's only an hour drive from Suzhou to Shanghai.

ultracold, 你好!

Sorry for answering so late, and thank you very much for your suggestions. I'll check it out next time I will go to Shanghai.

Well, I am not even from Asia, but from 德国 (Germany). I took the Chinese class at our university for 2 terms, and writing on a computer is too easy nowadays. Everybody, try it out (for Windows XP): Install asian language support, add "Chinese (Simplified) - Microsoft Pinyin IME 3.0", switch to Chinese input and type:

xianzai wo hui xie hanzi! (do not use spaces inbetween - "Now I can write Chinese characters!") :smug:

Another thing to try out are the "DimSum tools" from http://www.mandarintools.com/dimsum.html. It is for free, includes a dictionary and more.

小倪