March 23, 200620 yr so ok. we have all seen it, and still trying to believe it. but somehow, this video made me figure out another possible meaning behind THP. :stunned: it could easily be about the price of fame, its worth it, yet very painful. X&Y. call me crazy, lock the thread, whatever...i just have to post this. :kiss: "The Hardest Part" And the hardest part Was letting go, not taking part the hardest part is to let go of what is said in tabloids, its easier to just complain... Was the hardest part And the strangest thing Was waiting for that bell to ring the start of their career, was the strangest moment in their lives, because it was such a long wait It was the strangest start I could feel it go down Bittersweet, I could taste in my mouth this part explains in full detail how fame is, bittersweet. it has its rewards, yet its pains too. he wishes he could work it out...yet he still sees hope...that silver lining Silver lining the cloud Oh and I I wish that I could work it out And the hardest part Was letting go, not taking part pretty self explanatory. fame can brake someone's heart by fake news, and strange gossip about their lives. he tried to sing, or in this case as a band work out the album, but it was hard for them, it still is. You really broke my heart And I tried to sing But I couldn’t think of anything And that was the hardest part I could feel it go down You left the sweetest taste in my mouth You're a silver lining the clouds Oh and I Oh and I I wonder what it’s all about I wonder what it’s all about Everything I know is wrong Everything I do, it's just comes undone this is how regular public sees them. no matter what they do or say, even the good deeds like MTF are viewed strangely, and looked upon by lots of people And everything is torn apart Oh and it’s the hardest part That’s the hardest part Yeah that’s the hardest part That’s the hardest part :D
March 23, 200620 yr You know, I thought the same exact thing after my third time watching the video! I definately think that that's what it's about. And what the video did was show the bizarreness of fame. I think it's definately got another meaning other than Coldplay doing something "stupid", "weird" or "gross"
March 23, 200620 yr LMFAO oh it definately is stupid gross and weird! But that's not ALL it was, you know? Or maybe I'm just dumb and always think WAY too much into things. All I know is that if it can get rid of some Coldplay fans, then next tour I can get better seats. Shoot, did I just type that? lmfao.
March 23, 200620 yr Author no kidding...but tis true danielle. i was in 8th row for my concert in orlando...and we were behind a couple that were making out in white shadows....and Potilik... so disturbing :stunned: *sigh* btw, i love ur avi, tom chaplin style. can u believe i met a girl last time that was almost exactly like him? :stunned:
March 23, 200620 yr I'd have tickets to go to a concert if the lady at Ticketmaster could've spell COLDPLAY. -_-;;
March 23, 200620 yr it's like they were going for a cross between miami vice and geriatric porn - HORRIBLE - i'm beginning to believe that line from 40-year-old virgin. God what poor taste the band has these days. :embarassed:
March 23, 200620 yr it's like they were going for a cross between miami vice and geriatric porn - HORRIBLE - i'm beginning to believe that line from 40-year-old virgin. God what poor taste the band has these days. :embarassed: You're pleasant. ^_^; UGA fans have scared me ever since Sugar Bowl. ;.;
March 23, 200620 yr Reminder! This thread isn't a bitch thread for your feelings on the video. Please do that somewhere else. This is more of a discussion on an alternate meaning to the song, which then alters the meaning of the video a little. Take that somewhere else, we don't need this thread being locked too. Thanks Mildred! :D I love my Tom avi :heart: haha, yes! I can believe that!
March 23, 200620 yr Author omg! i was just about to write that...tis so funny. thanks danielle. :kiss: yeah, no discussion about old-ladies or tan guys in thongs. just waht the song means. k?
March 23, 200620 yr omg! i was just about to write that...tis so funny. thanks danielle. :kiss: yeah, no discussion about old-ladies or tan guys in thongs. just waht the song means. k? I think you were probably right, but I guess we'll have to wait until one of the band members says something about it to get any clue about the song.
March 23, 200620 yr Author they will never do that... they never explain what the songs are about, they talk about things relating to it but never meanings...its so sad. :cry:
March 23, 200620 yr I think you have a point in the meaning... I watched the video again with the meaning in mind and it makes much more sense. It was still hard to watch though. Maybe the age difference in the dancers has something to do with it, like no matter how old or how young...how long ago...etc...fame will always have its twists and turns and stuff. Something along those lines. I really wish they say something about it though.
March 23, 200620 yr "and the hardest part was having all these stupid fans and we're gonna scare them off with this freaky video"
March 23, 200620 yr "and the hardest part was having all these stupid fans and we're gonna scare them off with this freaky video" :laugh4: :laugh4:
March 23, 200620 yr "and the hardest part was having all these stupid fans and we're gonna scare them off with this freaky video" Argh who am i kidding? It was crap no matter how many meanings it may secretly have.
March 23, 200620 yr god.. im so scared really.. im all excited on the way home but when i saw the vid.. :cry: im not expecting a vid like that at all.. oh, when i first saw it i was like :stunned: it's really about sex! but i dunno know.. im so sad.. but i love the guys, they all smokin hot.. guy chris jonny will :dead: if they just performed without that almost-naked pair.. i hope mtv doesnt like that vid and never show it. i dont really care, but i dont want people who hates coldplay hates them even more after seeing this vid.. i still love them tough. btw i dont have any idea about the meaning.. hope coldplay will discuss it soon on an interview somewhere..
March 23, 200620 yr And what the video did was show the bizarreness of fame. ^Yes it did! I gotta say...its sorta growing on me!:stunned:
March 23, 200620 yr :laugh4: The funniest thing is about it is that some people were really shocked at how different the Talk video was... :laugh4: now this..... :lol: I've watched it a good few times now and I think I like it! It's very funny, very tongue-in-cheek, and just a good laugh at the whole industry in general. Me like. :D
March 23, 200620 yr That is why I love it so much! It's a big: fuck you to everyone who's ever called them boring etc.. Plus it's just hillarious nd completely fucked up :)
March 23, 200620 yr It cracks me up when the old lady's cape flies past Chris in the wind, his expression is so funny :laugh4:
Create an account or sign in to comment