🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Showing emotions

Gitta Rensolo

I think in paricular situations I suck at it....

I have the problem that often run away from my emotions.....

for example crying.....I can cry about the most unimportant things in life....but when it comes to something serious,I can't show my emotions in crying....

I'm a person who keeps many things for herself...if there is a problem I often keep it for myself instead of telling the person I have to problem with immediately what's wrong....damn...

for example crying.....I can cry about the most unimportant things in life....but when it comes to something serious,I can't show my emotions in crying....

maybe you cry on the wrong situations...

just kidding... :p

^I don't know if the sitautions are wrong....:tongue:

My mum once said "Julia please don't cry always.....because of every shit you start to cry..."

Well......for at home she is right...I cry a lot at home when we have problems...but in publicity I don't....

hahha......maybe my german teacher was right...he said once to me:"Julia.....you and me if we didn't have our humour we would be crying all day long!":lol:

If you are too scared to remove your stoic face mask,

then don't bother coming around here.

There should be no fear in displaying a tear.

So go on and cry over menial pains.

Release yourself from those formality chains that i despise so much!

written based on a good friend of mine who thinks crying is a dumb thing to do.

i never recited it to him or anything, i just wrote it on the first page of my sketchbook

but it's weird. like he could be in some real tough pain (mentally and/or physically) but he was afraid to show it... and he held it in real tight :confused:

when i read what you wrote, Julia, I thought to include the poem ;) Hope ya don't mind.

I don't have many problems showing anger... not that I blow my casket, but I'm the quitely angry type, you know? If I'm terribly angry I just go to my room and cry and make weird faces, pretending that I'm yelling at someone. Weird, but it helps. :laugh4:

But this is what I have a real problem with. If someone's having troubles, it's like I can't connect with them, like their problems aren't real almost, and have this horrible smiling reflex. My sometimes uncontrollable smiling also makes people think I'm lying when I'm telling the truth. :sad: I dunno wtf is up with that.

I hold stuff in, yeah. I think that's okay, like when I get mad about stupid stuff. :laugh4: When you do it too much it really isn't healthy. You kind of end up feeling like since no one knows your feelings, they can't relate to you and can't help you out. It's like you're isolating yourself.

I'm not very good at articulation, if you haven't noticed... :dunce:

Well, and how do you show your emotions then? or maybe, you wait to be alone and then cry... :(

I think you cry for the most unimportant things 'cause you've to do it sooner or later... I mean you can't keep all these "negative" emotions inside of you for a long time, I think nobody can't do it, so then, you cry 'cause of a nonsense...

Guest LiquidSky

Oh dear... I can't even say the words! :laugh3: I also don't say a lot of things but that's because I refuse to let it ruin my day and I so dislike it when someone asks:sick: But from crying in front of someone else and all that crap.. I have no problem in expressing it :wink: I think it's beautiful to cry..

I keep my problems to myself because it's hard for me to talk about them with anyone, even my closest friends, so therefore I always seem happy and I get to hear that a lot too, "you're always so happy sofia", "how come you're so positive all the time? I've never seen you sad" and things like that. Sure, I am a positive person but they have problems too get sad sometimes but I just don't show it to anyone but myself. I wish I could open up and talk with my friends about whatever problem I've got when ever I want to, but I just can't and I don't know why either I'm just holding it back. I'm really bad at showing what's going around emotionaly inside me and I hate that. The only time I can cry around people is when I watch a sad movie because that's "ok" in my mind I guess, but except for that I never cry infront of other people.

I'm really bad at showing when I really appriciate something as well. I can say "wow thank you, that was nice of you " when really I could scream because I'm so happy and inside me I might be jumping of joy and I want to jump on this person and give him or her a big hug. That might have been a bit exaggerated but you get the idea. This makes me look pretty selfish sometimes when I get things and like I take favours for granted because I don't thank people well enough. It's a huge problem for me and I hate it.

And last but not least I have a problem showing people who I feel about them. I think it feels awkward when I give someone a hug (except mum & dad) and if I say or do something it sometimes feel like it was too much, "oh no I shouldn't have said/done that, now that persone will think I'm wierd". This is not fun at all of course because I WANT to be able to tell my friends that they are the best friends in the world and that I couldn't live without them and I want to be able to kiss and hug them whenever I want to without that awkward feeling going on.

wow..I wrote a lot

Cry if you need to,it releases alot of shit that builds over time and it feels better afterwards.Im kinda sensitive so I have no prob in the showing emotion department-and when I get pissed Im REALLY pissed so I vent and then Im good to go.Then Im over it.

I keep my problems to myself because it's hard for me to talk about them with anyone, even my closest friends, so therefore I always seem happy and I get to hear that a lot too, "you're always so happy sofia", "how come you're so positive all the time? I've never seen you sad" and things like that. Sure, I am a positive person but they have problems too get sad sometimes but I just don't show it to anyone but myself. I wish I could open up and talk with my friends about whatever problem I've got when ever I want to, but I just can't and I don't know why either I'm just holding it back. I'm really bad at showing what's going around emotionaly inside me and I hate that. The only time I can cry around people is when I watch a sad movie because that's "ok" in my mind I guess, but except for that I never cry infront of other people.

I'm really bad at showing when I really appriciate something as well. I can say "wow thank you, that was nice of you " when really I could scream because I'm so happy and inside me I might be jumping of joy and I want to jump on this person and give him or her a big hug. That might have been a bit exaggerated but you get the idea. This makes me look pretty selfish sometimes when I get things and like I take favours for granted because I don't thank people well enough. It's a huge problem for me and I hate it.

And last but not least I have a problem showing people who I feel about them. I think it feels awkward when I give someone a hug (except mum & dad) and if I say or do something it sometimes feel like it was too much, "oh no I shouldn't have said/done that, now that persone will think I'm wierd". This is not fun at all of course because I WANT to be able to tell my friends that they are the best friends in the world and that I couldn't live without them and I want to be able to kiss and hug them whenever I want to without that awkward feeling going on.

wow..I wrote a lot

Hey-dont worry too much about that,not everyone is the same in that department but on the same note dont ever worry about what other people think or how they may react if you show that you care.Just do it if you want.My thinking is that you never know where life is going to take you and your friends,loved ones etc and you dont want to feel like you missed out on showing you care about them,you know what I mean?

yeah I know what you mean, thanks. I would feel terrible if I lost one of my friends before I had told him or her how much I care about them, or if I lost a friend because of the fact that I hadn't told him or her how much I care

wow..I wrote a lot

Sofia......the first two passages could have bee written by me....I'm EXACTLY the same....really.....with the last I don't agree with that...because I love to give my closest friends a hug....to show them that I like them sooo much!

wow..I wrote a lot

I have the same problems as you, you know. It´s really hard for me to show my feelings in public, not even to the people I love. I didn´t realize this until some years ago and I have tried to change this since, but it´s really hard. Sometimes it makes me feel really bad because people don´t know what I´m feeling, and I feel like some of them don´t really know me. But I hope someday I´ll be able to show my feelings without being afraid to do so.