July 25, 200620 yr ROME, July 25 (Reuters) - An appeals court confirmed on Tuesday that Juventus will play in Italy's second division Serie B next season but reduced the penalty points imposed on the soccer club for their involvement in a match-fixing scandal from -30 points to -17. The court overturned a sports tribunal's decision to relegate Fiorentina and Lazio, allowing them stay in the top flight Serie A league next season but with penalty points. Fiorentina will start the new season with -19 points and Lazio with -11 points. Initial reports suggest that AC Milan have been reinstated in the UEFA Champions League. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=374375&cc=5739 hmmm....
July 25, 200620 yr That's a cop out!! Sends out completely the wrong message!:angry: I bet the Mafia were involved!!:angry:
July 25, 200620 yr They should all have been banned from European competition for a minimum of five years!!:angry:
July 25, 200620 yr :rolleyes: uhhh Mafia...what about Fascism..or pizza and mandolino? other prejudices..come on I bet you don't even know what all this mess was about...there are different points of view in Italy as well. And if you read all the phone calls transcripts please then explain to me everything By the way I'm supporting Inter Milan (which luckily has never been involved in these things and now it's the only Italian team that has always played in first division :nice:)
July 25, 200620 yr :rolleyes: uhhh Mafia...what about Fascism..or pizza and mandolino? other prejudices..come on I bet you don't even know what all this mess was about...there are different points of view in Italy as well. And if you read all the phone calls transcripts please then explain to me everything By the way I'm supporting Inter Milan (which luckily has never been involved in these things and now it's the only Italian team that has always played in first division :nice:) No, no prejudices were meant I don't think. Its just wrong that they were allowed to stay up really, its like letting them off the hook.
July 25, 200620 yr Well I can't give a real opinion if all the decision were wrong or not because I didn't followed this thing into deep (never read the phone call transcripts), I know that many people are disappointed about the decision concerning Milan AC while other say that no one ever really proved Milan was really involved and if everything is not so clear to us who are "living" this mess I cannot understand why some of you (and I'm not meaning you of course) dare to write such stupid things like "I bet Mafia were involved"..sometimes it's useful to connect the brain before writing, you don't even know what Mafia is, how much we hate being always referred to as "mafiosi" and how many people lost their lives to fight it...Mafia is not a game like soccer is (after all) I'm so pissed off about this thing
July 25, 200620 yr Well I can't give a real opinion if all the decision were wrong or not because I didn't followed this thing into deep (never read the phone call transcripts), I know that many people are disappointed about the decision concerning Milan AC while other say that no one ever really proved Milan was really involved and if everything is not so clear to us who are "living" this mess I cannot understand why some of you (and I'm not meaning you of course) dare to write such stupid things like "I bet Mafia were involved"..sometimes it's useful to connect the brain before writing, you don't even know what Mafia is, how much we hate being always referred to as "mafiosi" and how many people lost their lives to fight it...Mafia is not a game like soccer is (after all) I'm so pissed off about this thing Everyone knows how influential the "Mafia" are in Italy, you can't deny it. What about all those judges who were killed because they tried to bring the mobsters to justice?? I'm pretty sure they must have been involved in the match-fixing................;)
July 25, 200620 yr I know better than you about the judges who have been killed because they were trying to defeat the Mafia bosses...and it's all dealing with politiks. But this doesn't mean everything that happens in Italy is caused by Mafia (not stupid things like the match-fixing compared to the more serious facts they were involved into), if you think this is the case then to me you just have a lot of prejudices
July 25, 200620 yr I know better than you about the judges who have been killed because they were trying to defeat the Mafia bosses...and it's all dealing with politiks. But this doesn't mean everything that happens in Italy is caused by Mafia (not stupid things like the match-fixing compared to the more serious facts they were involved into), if you think this is the case then to me you just have a lot of prejudices Where big-scale corruption is concerned, the Mafia are almost certain to be involved. That's a fact.;)
July 26, 200620 yr Where big-scale corruption is concerned' date=' the Mafia are almost certain to be involved. That's a fact.;)[/quote'] Maybe....but The "Mafia" in this case has been represented by the TV lobby (Mediaset and so AC Milan) The problem is very deep and Mafia is a very superficial word to explain the problem With this decision seems to be punished just Juventus Lazio and Fiorentina were victims but they had to be sent in Serie B. BUT THE BIGGEST SCANDAL IS REPRESENTED BY THE ADMISSION OF MILAN TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PRELIMINARIES..................THEY WERE GUILTY AS JUVENTUS.........BUT THEY HAVE ALWAYS (as we say in Italy) "their saints in paradise" that bring them out of troubles............
July 26, 200620 yr If they keep appealing, then maybe they will get given this season's title. Cheating Italiens
July 26, 200620 yr Author i read UEFA will decide that Milan can play in the Champions League this year or not... let's see what will happen...
July 26, 200620 yr Author and by the way INTER ARE THE OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS OF THE LAST YEAR'S SEASON!!! :dance:
July 26, 200620 yr i read UEFA will decide that Milan can play in the Champions League this year or not... let's see what will happen... I read it too...if UEFA will decide not to let them play they're just right ;)
July 28, 200620 yr Boo! What's it sending out, that you can cheat but you won't get much done to you? A bit like the italien football team. Milan should be kicked out of Europe for a good 5-years, and fined an awful lot of money with no comeback.
July 29, 200620 yr It's been admitted with reserve...it means UEFA didn't have much time to decide the situation, so I wouldn't be suprised if they won't let Milan play when the final decision will be taken ;)
July 29, 200620 yr It would be better to remember that Moggi is not Mafia. Mafia is something else tragic and complex. How could you define the scandals which have involved Blair's men, recently? Mafia? No, I think corruption is the right word. Moggi's system was not based on guns, drugs and money. It was a corrupted relationship between Moggi and old arbiter's chiefs. These cheaters have been marginalized from italian football now and they will never go back. Juventus is going to play in second division and it's an heavy economic damage. I think this is a good justice, considering we're talking about Moggi, not Al Capone! p.s. - If you want to talk about Mafia seriously, we can even open a new thread, because most of your opinions seems...so childish!
July 29, 200620 yr A bit like the italien football team. We will learn honesty from violent alcoholic english fan. E che cazzo! Quando rompono i coglioni questi, non ci si può trattenere...Sorry, but I can't stop myself reacting...prejudice against prejudice
July 29, 200620 yr We will learn honesty from violent alcoholic english fan. E che cazzo! Quando rompono i coglioni questi' date=' non ci si può trattenere...Sorry, but I can't stop myself reacting...prejudice against prejudice[/quote'] dovevi vedere durante i mondiali, tra australiani, tedeschi e certi (come quello cn cui hai discusso) inglesi.........era diventato insostenibile........Come al solito hanno degli stupidi pregiudizi, specialmente quando si parla d calcio........Cm meglio nn abbooccare alle provocazioni;)
July 29, 200620 yr Cm meglio nn abbooccare alle provocazioni;) traslated nick: "it's better not to give importance to these provocations" Don't Worry, Nick. I'm not used to crash bottles of beer on the head of someone
Create an account or sign in to comment