✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Barfly

Heathen_Chemist

"June Diary (Greg):

It’s 1:24 am and I’m penning the first excerpt of the band diary with a bottle of lager in hand, which ain’t as cold as I want it to be but then life’s cruel sometimes. The idea of this page is to give the band members a chance to put down a personal account of what’s happening within Barfly – it might proffer some frank opinions, it might proffer some mirth, hey, it might just be plain fucking BORING, I dunno…hopefully it’ll be worth a read each month, although it’s very much an “experiment”. Anyway, it would appear that I’m first (what a fucking surprise)…*swigs tepid ale*….so here goes…

I’ve got to say that the mood in the band is currently as upbeat and positive as it’s ever been, and that’s probably due to the things that are now starting to happen for us, and it’s that collective positive mood which keeps me going, keeps me wanting to do more, get better, set the sights higher. We raised the bar with the writing and recording of “Unbreakable”, and it’s getting harder and harder to top our personal best, but that’s the deal, that’s what becoming a better band’s all about - we don’t treat it as a curse, we’re all aware of it and we’re on top of it - it’s time to raise the bar again. And there have been times in the last few months where we just haven’t been creative, for one reason or another, and you wonder are the songs gonna come, are the melodies gonna fall out of the sky again, but recently that creative thing has started once more, and it’s a great feeling – the last couple of tunes I’ve written are probably the best I ever have, and the next recording sessions just can’t come quick enough…and as a rule of thumb if I’m excited about summat then there’s every chance you might be too…

The other real plus points are the up-and-coming first single release and everything that goes with it, and also the type of gigs we’ve been getting in the last few months – if you’re going to get anywhere I think you’ve got to rub shoulders with people who are already well on their way, or there even, and hope that you raise your profile and react positively to the experience – aside from that it’s a kind of validation that the music you’re making is going in the right direction. Supporting bands like Puressence and Longview has done us nothing but good, and with the Eden Festival coming up we’re just itching to get onstage and hold court with other artists we hold in very high regard – Haven, Aqualung, and Ian Brown to name but a few…I’m also convinced we’ll surprise a few people too when the time comes…

Anyway, to sign off, it’s all about keeping the ball rolling, pushing on further, writing those tunes, knocking on those doors. Remember Walt Disney. Remember errrrrrrr Jarvis Cocker. It’s not the 1960s any more. There isn’t room enough for everybody, we know that. But the positive feedback we’re getting from some quarters gives us that extra lift which wilful arrogant self-possessed types like me don’t think we need but really we probably do. Whoever you are, every positive word really does inspire, and makes the notes easier to hit and the road easier to tread: Johnny H, Jackie A, Soma, Jon, Darren, Ronan, Eddie Dev, Jack Mitchell, Bigsey, Gman, Liddle K, PB, CAO, all you and many more, keep watching that space, and rest assured that we’re pushing our hardest to try to fill it.

Greg 09/06/03"

You guys have to check this band out they are so amazing, and the futures looking bright for them. get into them now, because in a years time when everyone is raving on about them, you will have been there from the start!

who are they? your band?

No i'm not what you would call musically talented. They are my friends band. They're from Manchester, and things are looking really good for them.

They have just been added to the Eden Festival in Liverpool, where they will play alongside bands such as The Levellers, Aqualung, Longview, Space, IAN BROWN and Medium 21.

They are currently sorting the final little details of a record deal with a major independent label, who are based in the UK and America. They will be label mates of RINGO STARR.

If you want a CD i could send it, but it might take a while to get to wherever you are.

who are they? your band?

No i'm not what you would call musically talented. They are my friends band. They're from Manchester, and things are looking really good for them.

They have just been added to the Eden Festival in Liverpool, where they will play alongside bands such as The Levellers, Aqualung, Longview, Space, IAN BROWN and Medium 21.

They are currently sorting the final little details of a record deal with a major independent label, who are based in the UK and America. They will be label mates of RINGO STARR.

If you want a CD i could send it, but it might take a while to get to wherever you are.

awsome that is great! tell him or them good luck. its hard to get signed these days and so they are lucky....