✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris's Piano

Ebs757

I know. Guy uses an old moog for the sounds in square one. But Chris does often get sounds out of his piano that are not possible with the stock effects on that model of piano. Will try to find a clip to illustrate what I'm talking about.

I know. Guy uses an old moog for the sounds in square one. But Chris does often get sounds out of his piano that are not possible with the stock effects on that model of piano. Will try to find a clip to illustrate what I'm talking about.

The Yamaha GT20 digital piano has MIDI in and out so it can be used to drive other (rack)synths.

I'm sure I saw a bunch of Nord synths offstage when they played Holland a couple of years ago but I wouldn't be surprised if Coldplay also use prerecorded backing track on some of their songs.

I heard that while it seems the second organ in fix you is backtracked, it is still Chris playing it, it just has to be activated backstage. They do sometimes use backtracks for tracks like A rush of blood to the head, in my place, what if, X&Y etc. but they are just minor synth and strings additions.

Most of the backtracks are simply used for the ambient layering effect heard in the bacground of some songs. Will triggers most of these with a foot pedal next to his hi-hat stand/pedal. You can clearly see him do this in videoclips.