✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Your Own Personal Viva La Vida Album Review

IneedYou23

We have heard many reviews from websites and magazines already.I thought it would be cool to hear all of our fellow coldplaying memebers own personal reviews.Although the album just leaked im sure it will take some time for some memebers to feall comfortable writing about the album.You can go into great detail or short detail,whatever you want.Ill write my own in a few!Review away!!

I apologize for being quick. I liked everything on it basically.. its hard to pick out my favorite but im really liking Lovers in Japan, Strawberry Swing and viva la Vida.

I've also noticed the instruments are much louder than the vocals on almost all the songs. Its hard to enjoy the song without blasting it (which isn't bad either)... anyone feel the same? Still an amazing album

Coldplay's Chris Martin says that the most important lyric in Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends is "Just because I'm losing/Doesn't mean I'm lost". If Coldplay were lost, they're found. And they're not losing any momentum, either.

It is easy for bands of Coldplay's stature to become complacent. With a large mainstream following, there is little denying the temptation there must be to coast through release after release effortlessly. Their 2005 LP, X&Y, itself demonstrated some of the less inspirational aspects of music.

On Viva La Vida, though, Coldplay return to form, and arguably surpass themselves. Here is an album of understated classics ranging from the epic hand-claps of Lost! to the breathless chorus of Death and All His Friends and back again to the jangling instrumentals which do a lot more than provide padding.

The first thing it is important to note is that, for any readers, Coldplay does not comprise one lead vocalist and a backing tape. You may have found it difficult to believe through the band's music videos and some of their previous work, but this album will leave you in no doubt as to the form of Berryman, Champion and, in particular, Buckland, whose work on several of the standout tracks is debatably what makes them so prominent.

The 10-track album begins with the instrumental-only Life in Technicolour which acts as a very apt pre-cursor to the dark and resounding success of 'Cemeteries...' Lost! reverberates through a church and into your ears, and 42, despite being lyrically the closest song on the album to X&Y, shows the most growth musically of anything Coldplay have ever released. It leaves you astounded that such edgy and unpredictable music can be produced here.

And that's where it starts. Lovers in Japan and Reign of Love are combined, seemingly arbitrarily, but it does nothing to harm the duel beauty of the music in both pieces; Yes is probably the sexiest thing ever to come out of Coldplay, but still feels like Coldplay; Chinese Sleep Chant is indecipherable but still feels right.

Viva La Vida and Violet Hill, tracks 7 and 8 respectively, are the ones that people will already know - Viva La Vida with its epic chorus and revolutionary theme, Violet Hill with its newly discovered guitar riffs and political message - and seem at best a little disjointed. The two tracks seem almost too smooth to be placed in among the rest of the tracks whose quality lies in the writing rather than the pop production, but nevertheless, taken in themselves both songs fit on the album and are classics.

Track 9, Strawberry Swing, will be revered and remembered as one of the best things they've ever done. There will doubtless be some critics of the light-stringed feel to it, but most will appreciate that it is one of the purest love songs ever written. The album winds down by not winding down, with the inspiring Death and All His Friends merging into The Escapist, which puts lyrics over the opening instrumental.

All in all you come away with a sense of absolute fulfilment. There is nothing that could be here that isn't, and there is nothing that shouldn't be here and is. With barely a skippable track, Viva La Vida is set to be one of 2008's great musical conquests, namely that of Coldplay conquering musical acclaim they have previously avoided or been denied. And yes, it really is THAT good.