carrie3078

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a few days ago i e-mailed the coldplay.com q and a girl about why they didn't postpone the yellow video and she just sent me an e-mail. she said she didn't want to post it on the site out of fear people would misinterpret:

"I don't really want to answer this publicly.

And it may come across wrong, but the video date was set and it's very hard to change things because of deadlines, yes and time and money. That's not to say no-one has a heart, because they would of course have postponed it, but Will wanted them to shoot the video. So just Chris was in it. In Ezine 7 I interviewed one of the directors, so you may find that interested.

Debs"

she's really nice and fast! i replied to her asking "persay all the guys were able to be in the video, what would it have been like?" and she sent me back this snip from Ezine 7:

Q: What was the original concept for the video "Yellow"?

JAMES: I can say it involved many more people, including the band and it was not raining.

Q: How difficult was it to decide upon the final idea, in light of only being able to feature Chris?

JAMES: We found out about Chris being the only member a couple of days before, so we had time to change how we planned on shooting it. We initially tried to carry out our original concept, but the weather got so bad we had to completely re-think how best to approach it. If I remember correctly Alex, Chris and I stood under a tent, and Alex said, lets just film Chris walking In front of the camera. I suggested the beach and it quickly evolved into what you see on the screen. "

well she's quite snippy isn't she? i mean when she refuses to answer questions twice and stuff. it's a bit annoying for us fans to hear her rant about how we should have read that already. there are like 10000 questions to go through!!!

but i respect the fact that her job must be tough!

keep asking the tough questions! she'll be bound to answer one.

It's really sad...it's like "I'm so excited to make our video!!!!"

Then the next day it's like "My mom died." SAD WORLD! AND A VERY UNFAIR 1 TOO! :angry: :angry: :angry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

yeah i know what you mean.. live is a beautiful bitch

• 2 weeks later...