✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I saw bigfoot one time :)

мaямellata

I'm bored and sick, tomorrow is my day off and I have my first thesis presentation coming up, I am so damn nervous and wondering, how da fuck am I gonna present that? Seems pretty stupid, since I'll know what I'll be talking about all along, yet it means too much that probably is why I am wondering such stupid questions. I also wanted to do NOTHING tomorrow since, well, you know it's my day off, but I have to explain some math stuff to my sister, which makes me grow old incredible fast, since you know being patient is NOT my thing, and I have work on sunday.

Gratz about having a job, what do you do?

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• мaямellata

• Carla

• rudy_o

• Pseudonym

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about school as well, graduation is coming up and then "the real world" :worried:

Not for me. I'm going to college to party for 4 years. THEN the real world.

It's 11:30 pm on a Friday night and I'm SLEEPY. :blank:

You're not a usual bigfooter welcome! :awesome:

It's 11:30 pm on a Friday night and I'm SLEEPY. :blank:

It's 10:30 pm here and I have to wait till 12 so I can take my medicine :blank:

I give people what they order. :sneaky:

In the fish department. :blank:

That sounds really interesting :wink3: :sneaky:

You're not a usual bigfooter welcome! :awesome:

What he said! :awesome:

It's 10:30 pm here and I have to wait till 12 so I can take my medicine :blank:

Why do you have to wait til 12?

It's weird, I can't ever go to sleep before 2 or 3 am on school nights, but now I can barely keep my eyes open. :freak:

It's weird, I can't ever go to sleep before 2 or 3 am on school nights, but now I can barely keep my eyes open. :freak:

INORITE? I have work in the morning and I can't get to sleep...but tomorrow night when I CAN stay up late I'll crash at like 7.

Don't wanna overdose.

You're acting fishy.

Are you trying to hook a laugh?

Well I won't take the bait.

:disappointed:

It's a great tune.

Ah Santa Maria. At first I did not know what it was about, but upon some research I found out that in 1588 the Spanish ship the Santa Maria de la Rosa caught fire and sunk, only 1 person surviving the ordeal.

So literally the song can be viewed as a recount of that event. The song starts slow and chilling, kind of the calm before the storm. The long long build up period is like the final peace before the event. Then the explosive final few minutes are representative of the ship burning and sinking. the screeching distortion effects sends to my mind images of burning chaos, people running for their lives, combined with the minor arpeggio solo which sends the chaos over the edge. I always heard that part as the actual burning and sinking of the ship.

now that is my own literal interpretation of the song's story. however, Glen said during a live performance that the song was written for a couple who died in bed of Spanish flu, and went to bed together knowing they would die. so such lines as:

And you're lying awake

Away on your side

The feeling comes in waves and burns us

And I don't wanna die

From the slippery hands

To the line of your throat

The fever now consumes us both

In a fire now we will go

really seem to underscore that idea. the long build up can be seen as the last calm moments of life for the couple, and the finish could be the last few minutes before death overtook them.

Obviously Glen had the sinking of the Santa Maria in his thoughts when he wrote the song, which is why it can literally be taken as that, but I think in a deeper meaning it is the last moments of that couple, as Glen himself said once.

[/rant]