✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Looking for photo...

fakfak

The other day, I thought I saw a picture of JB playing a sunburst thinline tele with a painted pickguard, but now I can't seem to find it. Before he left his sunburst one unpainted, so is this a new guitar or did he really get that one painted too now? (or did I imagine the whole thing?)

Jonny's sunburst guitars

I think J has a few Sunburst Teles. Chris even said something like, "Jonny has 11 guitars now."

although you never know with Chris (may be exaggerating a wee bit) :D

VivaLaVidaBackstageBirm17JBshoe.jpg

VivaLaVidaBackstageBirm15.jpg

But I cannot tell if that ^ guitar is the same as this one below.

The worn-marks look similar but the sunburst colouring looks different. :confused:

VivaLaVidaJonnyLive20.jpg

I tried to help :sweatdrop:

If only I was Jonny's Roadie....:sneaky: then i would know this.

Thanks for the help everyone!:D

I must say that's probably my favorite design of all the painted guitars. As for if it's new or the same, I'll agree with :confused:, really can't figure it out...

My inclination is to say that it's probably not a seperate guitar, as I don't see why he'd have 5 of them on the road at one time (plus at least 2 other guitars), as he doesn't play in that many altered tunings or anything. There are guitarists who would need that many to handle tuning issues for a show (Keith Richards for example), but I don't thin JB's tunings are complicated enough to need them...

He does play at least 5 different guitars in one show, doesn't he?

I haven't been to a live concert :shame: but from videos I've seen, it's been at least his 4 Thinlines, his Les Paul custom and his acoustic.

I think he plays his Jazzmaster... but I can't be certain atm.

Correct me if I'm wrong :D

jonny's guitars

^ uh, i think it might be the MXR Micro Amp??? Though on his setlists it just says "Rv3, Rat, L62C" (the L62C being a control on his Line 6 dl-4)

So maybe it's something to do with his dl-4 pedal??

My inclination is to say that it's probably not a seperate guitar, as I don't see why he'd have 5 of them on the road at one time (plus at least 2 other guitars), as he doesn't play in that many altered tunings or anything.

But what about if Jonny breaks a string?

His Roadie won't have enough time to restring the guitar in the middle of a song. Thus, extra tele guitars are needed.

hehe, yeah i know :confused: so many confuzzling mysteries...

I think he plays his Jazzmaster... but I can't be certain atm.

Yup he does. During the Techno versions of God Put A Smile and Talk ;)

Very funky riff he plays during God Put A Smile. He uses the whammy bar and it just makes me laugh, the guitar sounds like it's mewing like a cat. :lol:

VivaLaVidaGroup25.jpg

Yup he does. During the Techno versions of God Put A Smile and Talk ;)

Very funky riff he plays during God Put A Smile. He uses the whammy bar and it just makes me laugh, the guitar sounds like it's mewing like a cat. :lol:

VivaLaVidaGroup25.jpg

Oh yes!!! How could I forget about the techno version of GPASUYF!!! *facepalms*

"But what about if Jonny breaks a string?

His Roadie won't have enough time to restring the guitar in the middle of a song. Thus, extra tele guitars are needed."

From what I've read and the live performances I've seen, I think he usually uses for Teles set up like this:

1. Black-His main live guitar-standard tuning

2. Sunburst- used for Capo'd songs, used to be his main live guitar in the AROBTTH era.

3. Walnut- set up for slide, usually in standard tuning and seems to also serve as backup for the black tele.

4. Natural-tuned to drop D, used for 42.

To me, this seems an adequate(sp?) set up to cover both altered tunings and backups. (especially since he has at least 2 other guitars he uses live)...

^ :lol::dozey: Jonny too. And their guitars are gorgeous! :nice:

From what I've read and the live performances I've seen, I think he usually uses for Teles set up like this:

1. Black-His main live guitar-standard tuning

2. Sunburst- used for Capo'd songs, used to be his main live guitar in the AROBTTH era.

3. Walnut- set up for slide, usually in standard tuning and seems to also serve as backup for the black tele.

4. Natural-tuned to drop D, used for 42.

To me, this seems an adequate(sp?) set up to cover both altered tunings and backups. (especially since he has at least 2 other guitars he uses live)...

I'd agree with that. Add the Jazzmaster (GPASUYF) & Gibson (Violet Hill) in as well.

Jonny just oozes guitars :D

Here's a bit of what the lovely Mr McGinn says about Jonny's guitars. :cool:

(He says 9 guitars, although Jon & Chris don't use the Rickenbackers live anymore, at least not in concert. I'm guessing the interview was from AROBTTH-ish era. Wow, how times have changed...)

I asked Matt if Jon’s equipment had changed. “Jonny started off using a borrowed blue Tele as his main instrument and he’s certainly got more than that now.

We take nine guitars out on the road.

His favourite is a 1974 Fender sunburst Thinline Tele with humbucker pickups.

There’s also a Fender Jaguar re-issue, a beaten up old 60’s Jazzmaster, an early ‘60s brown Gibson 335 and two Rickenbacker 12 strings.

The Rickys look beautiful and they sound amazing but they are a pain in the neck to re-string and tune up! Anyone who’s ever owned one will know what I’m talking about.”

...How do you get a guitar to stay in tune under the hot lights when your guitarist is whacking away at the strings on stage?

“That’s one of the advantages of changing guitars all the time. There are so many tunings that they get swapped and checked every other song..."

http://www.showmehowtoplay.com/featu...h_Matt_mcginn/

Here's a bit of what the lovely Mr McGinn says about Jonny's guitars. :cool:

(He says 9 guitars, although Jon & Chris don't use the Rickenbackers live anymore, at least not in concert. I'm guessing the interview was from AROBTTH-ish era. Wow, how times have changed...)

I asked Matt if Jon’s equipment had changed. “Jonny started off using a borrowed blue Tele as his main instrument and he’s certainly got more than that now.

We take nine guitars out on the road.

His favourite is a 1974 Fender sunburst Thinline Tele with humbucker pickups.

There’s also a Fender Jaguar re-issue, a beaten up old 60’s Jazzmaster, an early ‘60s brown Gibson 335 and two Rickenbacker 12 strings.

The Rickys look beautiful and they sound amazing but they are a pain in the neck to re-string and tune up! Anyone who’s ever owned one will know what I’m talking about.”

...How do you get a guitar to stay in tune under the hot lights when your guitarist is whacking away at the strings on stage?

“That’s one of the advantages of changing guitars all the time. There are so many tunings that they get swapped and checked every other song..."

http://www.showmehowtoplay.com/featu...h_Matt_mcginn/

Jon definitely only got the natural finish and the black Thinline during X&Y... and now he has the Les Paul custom... so does that mean he has TWELVE guitars now?