✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[AUS] Rumors Coldplay Will Play ABC Community Concert in Melbourne (March 1, Sidney Myer Music Bowl)

I've heard some rumors about Coldplay making an appearance at ABC's upcoming Community Concert at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on March 1st. So of course, you guys get the goss first.

Here's a bit from the website.

The ABC says thanks Victoria with a free family concert Sunday 1 March

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation will present a free, family-focussed event, at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, on Sunday 1 March 2009.

As the bushfire season continues the ABC Community Concert is a time to pause, reflect and celebrate the resilience and a celebration of our strength as a community. It also recognises the many emergency service providers who responded and are now helping people recover.

The ABC concert day will be a celebration of our strength as a community.

The concert starts at 10.30am and will showcase many of the ABC's much loved kids entertainers including the Bananas in Pyjamas, Dorothy the Dinosaur, The Fairies and Playschool friends Georgie Parker and Jay Laga'aia.

Then from 2pm, a line up of local musicians, comedians and entertainers come together for an afternoon celebrating community spirit. Performers include the Choir of Hard Knocks, Mark Seymour, Red Gum's John Schumann, Rebecca Barnard, The Melbourne Chamber Orchestra and more. Also on stage will be Adam, Al and Myf from Spicks and Specks who will join forces with the Brian and Julie from Rockwiz to perform a song with the Rockwiz Orchestra.

The ABC Community Concert is the ABC's way of acknowledging the extraordinary show of community spirit and generosity.

So pack a picnic, bring along family and friends and join the ABC, your emergency services broadcaster, on Sunday March 1st, at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, for this special free event.

On the ABC website it says schedule subject to change under the Afternoon program - and theoretically, Coldplay could make this concert if they fly out from Perth after the gigs.

Entrance is free to this one, there's a kid's show before the Afternoon program.

Linky: http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/02/23/2499068.htm?

Hopefully there'll be more on this soonish, it might just be a rumor put I thought it would be worthwhile posting.

I'll be super-excited if this is true... I used to go ice-skating there back when it was an ice-rink :idea: