✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LOTR TWO TOWERS! 26 DVD!!!!!

psychedelic_clocks

Aragorn should not have any facial hair, though. It bugs me. If someone had bothered to read Unfinished Tales, Christopher Tolkien mentions a note written by his father in which "there is a discussion of the Elvish strain in Men, as to its being observable in beardlessness of those who were so descended (it was a characteristic of all Elves to be beardless)." Aragorn is descended from the royal line of Númenor, the first King of which was Elrond's twin brother Elros. Elrond and Elros are descended from Eärendil, the son of Tuor and Idril, who was the grandaughter of Finwë, first King of the Noldor and his second wife, a Vanya named Indis who was akin to Ingwë, King of the Vanyar, and High King of the Elves. On their mother Elwing's side, Elrond and Elros are descended from Lúthien, the daughter of Elwë (or Thingol), a King of the Teleri, and his wife Melian, who was a Maia, an angelic being who was born before the beginning of the world. That is an impressive pedigree: the royal lines of all three houses of Elves and a little Maiar to boot. Therefore Aragorn should be stubble-free. Stupid Peter Jackson!

Dang, I went off on the facial hair/Elvish descent issue again. Sorry for being an anal retentive bastard. I do have other reasons for loathing the movie, but I shall refrain from subjecting everyone to more of my esoteric ramblings. *continues to grumble under breath....

so shouldnt aragorn be imortal as well?

Guest LiquidSky
I CANT WAIT!!

Im going to go get it and watch it over and over again! i love it..and viggo's sooo hot in it!

aww man...two weeks! baaaaaaaah

so good!!

I saw the commercial for it yesterday and i was sso freaking excited..i wasn't really paying attention until viggo popped up, i jumped and screamed.. it made me so happy!

after i get my schedule im going to watch it! haaaaaaaha! HA!

Already watched it over and over again.....

Now I'm just waiting for the extended edition! They edited 200 scenes :D yay! :P

Guest LiquidSky

We have to wait like 2 more months to get the Expended edition....... I have the first one, and it has a lot of stuff... ;) :D :P

Aragorn should not have any facial hair, though. It bugs me. If someone had bothered to read Unfinished Tales, Christopher Tolkien mentions a note written by his father in which "there is a discussion of the Elvish strain in Men, as to its being observable in beardlessness of those who were so descended (it was a characteristic of all Elves to be beardless)." Aragorn is descended from the royal line of Númenor, the first King of which was Elrond's twin brother Elros. Elrond and Elros are descended from Eärendil, the son of Tuor and Idril, who was the grandaughter of Finwë, first King of the Noldor and his second wife, a Vanya named Indis who was akin to Ingwë, King of the Vanyar, and High King of the Elves. On their mother Elwing's side, Elrond and Elros are descended from Lúthien, the daughter of Elwë (or Thingol), a King of the Teleri, and his wife Melian, who was a Maia, an angelic being who was born before the beginning of the world. That is an impressive pedigree: the royal lines of all three houses of Elves and a little Maiar to boot. Therefore Aragorn should be stubble-free. Stupid Peter Jackson!

Dang, I went off on the facial hair/Elvish descent issue again. Sorry for being an anal retentive bastard. I do have other reasons for loathing the movie, but I shall refrain from subjecting everyone to more of my esoteric ramblings. *continues to grumble under breath....

so shouldnt aragorn be imortal as well?

No, the Half-Elves were given a choice as to which race they would be joined. Elrond chose Elven-kind and Elros chose to be numbered among Men, and so his descendents are mortal.