✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Song

Lalo5

So I wrote a song a few days ago and then let my friend listen to it. Says it sounds trippy and a lot like Radiohead but it’s really good. Should I discard it because it sounds like Radiohead? Anyone want to have a listen?

Well, lots of people like Radiohead, so I don't see why that would be an issue. If it was an issue of it sounding too much like Radiohead, you shouldn't let that stop you. When Muse first came out, they were accused of being a lot like Radiohead, and that didn't stop them from making a successful career as they were.

If you want people to hear it, then go for it. :)

I have checked it out.To tell you the truth,it sounds not too bad.I think you should insisted your own style.Coz there are too many "radio head" and you should be the unique one.

Your saying I'm already the unique one or I need to become the unique one?:D

Amazing progressions with that reverse-y effect. Almost reminds me of a not-weird Like Spinning Plates. Those arpeggiated piano riffs near the middle are pretty cool too. Kind of reminds me of something Matt Bellamy would do since he's the kind of arpeggios lol. Good stuff though! It does sound like Radiohead a little bit but who cares? I like it man, I'll give your other stuff a listen when I get some more free time!

Amazing progressions with that reverse-y effect. Almost reminds me of a not-weird Like Spinning Plates. Those arpeggiated piano riffs near the middle are pretty cool too. Kind of reminds me of something Matt Bellamy would do since he's the kind of arpeggios lol. Good stuff though! It does sound like Radiohead a little bit but who cares? I like it man, I'll give your other stuff a listen when I get some more free time!

Thanks man! Don't expect the ambient songs to be that great, I mean it's not Aphex Twin lolz.

Eh I think they'll be alright. I like everything.

I don't know a whole lot about other bands that write ambient music to be honest. But when I first started writing, that was the kind of stuff I wanted to write. You know, adding lots of reverb and cool chord progressions and what not. Turns out I just became another acoustic/modern composer. Oh well! Give my myspace stuff in my signature a listen some day, maybe you'll like it, maybe not!

Oh and, you're welcome haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why but I have to post this other song I wrote and if you have nothing to do pleas tell me what you think of it honestly. One day I think it's really good the next it's corny as hell.

http://rapidshare.com/files/217949564/Hearts_Vendetta__early_.mp3.html

I recorded the vocals at two o clock in the morning and it's a very early version of it, need to know if i should take it more seriously. I really need to stop openly sharing my shit.

Ah, I have this question... Cuz I wrote this song the other day and a few weeks later I heard a song by Beirut and there's one small part in my song that sounds like a significant part of Beirut's song. ! I dare say it sounds a bit identical! I was thinking of changing my song a little but I can't cuz I like that bit too much!

What to do?