✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Advice Please

c_musket

i no very good at bass but don't care because i don't really care playing bass. i leave my bass at drummer house and play at band practices, I skip half the time too lazy to drive. No work on timing cause that the drummer job even when his timing good. If his timing good and mine bad, he has adjust to me so timing will be better. What should do?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, bass is the real deal. I am a bass player and seriously, everybody thinks that the drummer keeps the time and is the heartbeat of the music, but it is really the bass. Dude, If you even want to consider staying in that band, you have to yourk your *** off. It is a comittment, you gotta practice man.

drums and bass are really important within a band... possibly the most important part.

regardless of what genre of music you play it matters if timing is good. people aren't going to want to listen to a band where each member is playing something different and not in sync

That's just simply not true, it completely depends on the genre.

Look at Coldplay, fucking terrible bassist. Extremely popular band.

Then you should not be in a band man, video games are for losers, bass is one of the hardest instruments in the world, man, you want to suck, ya, it is gonna be easy, you do not want to suck, get over to your drummers house, and get your bass, and play it, a lot.

Then you should not be in a band man, video games are for losers, bass is one of the hardest instruments in the world, man, you want to suck, ya, it is gonna be easy, you do not want to suck, get over to your drummers house, and get your bass, and play it, a lot.

i'm not a loser, the drummers the loser he just practices drums a lot while i do stuff

Ya, and you should be practicing bass too. I do not mean to call a fellow bassist a loser, and I do not want to come off as an idiot. But man! You wanted advice, I gave it to you, what YOU do with it is your problem.

That's just simply not true, it completely depends on the genre.

Look at Coldplay, fucking terrible bassist. Extremely popular band.

their basslines we're good for the first album... bass is still really important even if it's simple.

but i don't feel like it cause i like xbox 360 and bass isnt exciting instrument bass is easy dont need practice.

bass can be quite an exciting instrument.

take the beatles basslines... w/o mccartney's melodic basslines i'm sure the songs wouldn't be as interesting if they were just the root note