✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bitter, much?

mc_squared

Boot cleaner, scarecrow, sports banner, dish cloth... just some of the 101 uses a jilted husband has for his ex-wife's wedding dress

By Paul Thompson

Last updated at 12:26 PM on 24th May 2010

A jilted husband has exacted hilarious revenge on the wife who dumped him by becoming an internet sensation with ingenious ways of using her wedding dress.

Kevin Cotter was devastated when his wife walked out after 12 years of marriage taking all her possessions.

The only thing she left behind was her wedding dress. When Mr Cotter tried to get her to take that also, she told him he could do what he liked with it.

article-1280804-09A251F4000005DC-1000_306x512.jpg

article-1280804-099E9323000005DC-223_306x512.jpg

Now that really IS useful: Kevin Cotter uses is ex-wife's dress to clean his boots and dresses it up as a 'Darth Vader' scarecrow

article-1280804-099E9367000005DC-124_306x346.jpg

article-1280804-09A251FB000005DC-602_306x346.jpg

A real fan: The dress at a football match and, right, it makes the perfect washing up cloth

And, after leaving the silk dress on a top shelf of their home in Tucson, Arizona, for months, that is exactly what he did.

He started a webpage called 'My Ex-Wife's Wedding Dress' on which he charts his attempts to come up with 101 uses for the garment.

So far he has listed 23 uses, from a yoga mat to a pasta strainer.

He has used the white silk dress as an ice pack, skipping rope and even a sports banner.

With a Darth Vader mask he made an effective scarecrow.

Mr Cotter's goal is to reach 101 uses before the dress is completely ruined.

He said: 'This project is a therapy of sorts for me.

'Nothing about divorce is pleasant or easy and I will share some of my experiences and at the same time lighten them up with some creative uses for this dress I was stuck with.'

Mr Cotter admitted he was devastated when his wife, his former high school sweetheart, announced that she was leaving him last July.

article-1280804-09BA0B02000005DC-354_634x372.jpg Finding inner peace: Kevin Cotter uses his ex-wife's wedding dress as a yoga mat

article-1280804-09BA20C8000005DC-821_634x462.jpg That's cold: The dress has also found use as an ice pack

article-1280804-09BA2488000005DC-176_634x718.jpg Messy: Mr Cotter has also used the dress as a drop cloth

She told him they had fallen out of love and that she wanted to be single.

'She had all of her stuff loaded and I couldn't help but notice because this bridal keepsake box was dead centre on the main shelf in the walk-in closet,' he said.

'She said "I'm not taking it," and when I asked what I should do with it her reply was do whatever I wanted.'

With the help of friends he set up a blog - myexwifesweddingdress.com - to detail his various uses for the dress.

He confessed that his wife, who he has not named, was not happy to find out about what he was doing.

article-1280804-09BA22BB000005DC-559_634x397.jpg Achieving clarity: Mr Cotter uses the dress as a camera lens cleaner while filming a piece for an American TV show

article-1280804-09BA0799000005DC-608_634x768.jpg Needling: The dress has also been used as a Christmas tree drop cloth. Graffiti from when it was used as a sports banner can still be seen

But Mr Cotter has refused take the blog down. He has attracted hundreds of thousands of hits and been featured on American television show Inside Edition.

The ex-wife said: 'I wish all the best to Kevin and hope he seeks counselling to deal with his anger and resentment.

'His determination, along with his family's support, to continue with this endeavour after his children and I have asked him to stop is incomprehensible.'

The couple share custody of their two young children,a son aged seven and a daughter aged nine.

Mr Cotter said devising ways of using the wedding dress has helped him cope with the trauma of the break-up.

'It's been good. It really has,' he said. 'It's been a great distraction.

'It's about me and a large piece of fabric basically, that I've been able to get some therapy from and have some fun with - get through some difficult times.'