May 29, 201016 yr [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Nwmb9IHcI]YouTube- RV-5 Demo[/ame] Sorry for taking so long to post, but there ya go! ^^Also used in LiJ and Lost! Keep in mind that the sound I get is a combination of my amp settings, pedal setting and guitar volume. Many times I put my guitars volume to 2.5 to achieve some of these sounds.
May 29, 201016 yr Author My Equipment: Fender Thinline Telecaster '72 (Limited Edition) Marshall Amp Combo Current Pedal Lineup Boss DD-3 Delay Digitech Whammy WH-4 Dunlop Original Cry-Baby Wah Wah Boss DS-1 Distortion and RV-5 Reverb (Currently not in pedal lineup) Fender Jazzmaster Bass Epiphone EL-00 Acoustic Yamaha DGX-630 Keyboard Not pictured: Yamaha Electric Guitar Fender Stratocaster with custom killswitch added
May 29, 201016 yr Nice demo anyways... Would you recommend the rv-5? I've been interested in that pedal in a while for playing some coldplay songs, and some other volume swell/ambient kind of stuff. That thinline by the way, looks awesome! I love the sound of a thinline, i have 4 guitars, not any of them can beat my jap thinline!
May 29, 201016 yr Author I would reccomend the RV-5, but only if you KNOW you will use it a lot. It's around $200 depending on where you buy it from. But if your really into coldplay and other things alike, its a must have. I like playing some RHCP tunes with it too.
May 31, 201016 yr After hearing that I can really appreciate the pedal! It's got a much better tone than my Digitech Reverb IMO anyways.
May 31, 201016 yr you mean in The Scientist? If so, yes he does, take a look here. You can clearly see Jonny bending at 3:47 onwards. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwV82-WCavY]YouTube- COLDPLAY - The Scientist (Live Storytellers)[/ame]
May 31, 201016 yr Author The reverb effect used on most viva-era songs is called modulation, which is the standout feature of the RV-5. In my demo you can hear it on LiJ, DAAHF and lost.
June 2, 201016 yr I actually bought the pedal yesterday... I'm sitting here, thinking that this pedal is a keeper:) Had a line 6 verbzilla, it was a very good reverb pedal, but we just couldn't bond! But the rv-5, wow, i love the modulated reverb! the only thing i dislike about this is the spring reverb mode, it totally suck, but thats not why i bought it=)
June 10, 201016 yr dude could u post the settings for Lovers, Strawberry, Lost! and the scientist?!?!?! ive been dying to know them!
June 11, 201016 yr Author Sure, I basically use 2 reverb settings. Everything else is controlled by amp & volume. The one posted above for DAAHF is the one I use for LiJ. I'll post the other any minute now...
June 11, 201016 yr you mean in The Scientist? If so, yes he does, take a look here. You can clearly see Jonny bending at 3:47 onwards. YouTube- COLDPLAY - The Scientist (Live Storytellers) fair enough lol
Create an account or sign in to comment