✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How to creatively use one pound coin on a Sunday to really upset someone on a Monday!!

mc_squared

Anyway, the reason for the hypermarkets to do this is so that people will return the trolleys back at its place and not just leave it at random places..
£1 is actually a cheap price to pay for one's own trolley.. I've seen people wheel them down the street full of shopping all the way home and then store it (presumably permanently) until each subsequent big shop.. oh the joys of Trafford Metropolitan Borough!

£1 is actually a cheap price to pay for one's own trolley.. I've seen people wheel them down the street full of shopping all the way home and then store it (presumably permanently) until each subsequent big shop

Which is why many supermarkets now incorporate "locking devices" in their trolleys so they can't be used off the premises.;)

£1 is actually a cheap price to pay for one's own trolley.. I've seen people wheel them down the street full of shopping all the way home and then store it (presumably permanently) until each subsequent big shop.. oh the joys of Trafford Metropolitan Borough!

Of course I'm aware of this..

That is why I said that it is to prevent peope from leaving it at random places, but surely it can't stop people from taking the trolleys home.