✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Chinese Sleep Chant guitar

Solidusgear

I want to get a similar sound to the guitar in that song, it's just so amazing. I have a fender jazzmaster, a yamaha spx90, alesis midiverb, marshal reverb im just wondering what other pedals i would need to get to acheive this sound. A Delay and some overdrive of some sort. any help would be appreciated

• 6 months later...

I've tried hard as well. My tips would be:

Get some slight distortion, something along the lines of crunch, nothing too heavy. As you're playing full 6string chords you want to be able to hear the changing notes that is played on the G string. If you've got a a lot distortion all you're going to hear is too much fuzz. Delay is just as important as the distortion I think. I wouldn't use reverb and here's why:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVU44j3g6sA]YouTube - Coldplay - Chinese Sleep Chant (Live)[/ame]

You can hear at the beginning of the song when Chris tests his guitar the exact amount of delay needed.

Hope this helps :D

P.S Just want to say, that the solo in this song with delay sounds unbelievably good :O

I only know the begining :P

I use E with the 4th finger on the 3rd string on the 2nd fret, then E again but the 4th finger on the 1st string, 2nd fret.

And you just strum to the rthym.

~has no guitar knowledge, I think it's E 7, but eh~