✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Did you ever think about this?

Gitta Rensolo

I've been thinking of something the other month and some days ago I have seen somebody mentioning it on TV (I wish I could remember the context) which made me notice that I am not the only one who has ever been thinking about this.....so what I've been thinking:

(weird introduction)

What if I stayed lonely for the rest of my life (no love, no friends) just because I am afraid of loosing people?

I would never do this of course, because this is what life is about, but I really wonder if there has ever been anyone who has actually done it and if there are people who'd do it.

It's a retarted thought.

this is so random

but....well....tell me what you think of it.

well, there are many people with social phobia out there, and they're living quite a lonely life. also, there's people who just can't make friends for various reasons. so yeah, i don't think many people would want to live such a life on purpose, but it does happen quite a lot.

personally, i know that i don't want a serious relationship for a while now, because it probably wouldn't do me any good. when i say "for a while" i only mean a couple of years though.

Julia, is there a particular reason of why you usually talk about this topic? :)

You shouldn't be afraid to lose people, we all die in the end. Personally, I don't believe in true love and I don't plan to get married or have kids. Living by yourself can be a tough experience but it has its rewards just like anything else. It's up to you what lifestyle you want to have and what choices you want to make, overall life is better if you have real friendships and people that you can count on.

Julia, is there a particular reason of why you usually talk about this topic? :)

You shouldn't be afraid to lose people, we all die in the end. Personally, I don't believe in true love and I don't plan to get married or have kids. Living by yourself can be a tough experience but it has its rewards just like anything else. It's up to you what lifestyle you want to have and what choices you want to make, overall life is better if you have real friendships and people that you can count on.

haha no there isn't.

I just think about this stuff a lot, since it is really important to me and I often feel lonely, because I still haven't met the right people. But it is nothing to worry about.

oh and of course I am not saying I would do it. I couldn't.....I just had that random thought

^ Well said.

well, there are many people with social phobia out there, and they're living quite a lonely life. also, there's people who just can't make friends for various reasons. so yeah, i don't think many people would want to live such a life on purpose, but it does happen quite a lot.

I agree. That is not much of an hyphothetical situation. In practice, it happens to a lot of people... For many reasons, as Sarah said.

Actually from what I have read between those two Reilly seems to be at least a bit more reasonable than dfit, I would rather discuss things with someone a bit fiesty but reasonable than someone who just lampoons things as WRONG and tries to insult you with personal things.

Actually from what I have read between those two Reilly seems to be at least a bit more reasonable than dfit, I would rather discuss things with someone a bit fiesty but reasonable than someone who just lampoons things as WRONG and tries to insult you with personal things.

Ok fair point Cobalt but I've not witnessed any of that and from what I can see Dfit isnt saying anything unreasonable here.

Erm, let's get back on topic, shall we? The more we talk about this, the more curious others will be. It's over now and we might still feel something towards it, but the whole issue can't be undone and it's in the past, so let's not stir it up again, for peace's sake.

Is it good to get heartbroken once in a while?

It's experience. An experience that almost everyone will have to go through, and it has it's positives in the long run. Lame though, obviously.

Is it possible for someone to be too private until they don't let anyone into their hearts?

Is it possible for someone to be too private until they don't let anyone into their hearts?

Yes. But it is also possible that that would be a phase and that the person is subconsciously waiting for the right perfect circumstances to open up, even if they don't realise that they are doing and presume they will be content with solitude.

I ddn't think my thread would be that successful:awesome:

might qualify me once again as most interesting thread creator haha

How come that most threads in the lounge are off-topic after a few posts?

It's quite a sensation if the posters stick to the topic.