✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Just wondering about downloading from websites banned in countries.

eff-exx

I normally use thepiratebay to find torrent links and all, but my country has blocked the website, and a couple of other websites too. I can still access piratebay for now, but I don't want to risk it.

So I'm wondering; now that those websites are blocked, my torrent is still downloading torrents linked from piratebay, will I be caught? Or is piratebay just a site that shares the links?

I think it's pretty much a n00b question, but I just want to clear my mind on this.

Mehh... not sure. What country are you in?

I would try to find a way to torrent more securely and anonymously if you're really worried about it, if such a thing is possible.

Pirate Bay is a site that shares the links, yes. It also tracks the amount of seeds/leechers on the torrent like many other torrent sites. Often a torrent will have several trackers from different sites it's listed on

I have little knowledge here but have shared what I know

as long as you are not seeding/uploading you are safe i think! but i am not a computer freak nor do i use torrents because they are risky at least here in germany. :shrug:

the cousin of a friend of mine has to pay 1000.-€ because of torrents he told me just yesterday^^

Wouldn't it be even if you downloaded a file? Hence all those LimeWire etc lawsuits?

well but it is 'safe' if you only use sites like rapidshare, mediafire, megaupload etc. and if you not download torrents i think!?

Um no, those sites get your IP on their server logs so if the authorities ask for all IPs regarding a violating file, your IP is on that list and traceable to you.

Um no, those sites get your IP on their server logs so if the authorities ask for all IPs regarding a violating file, your IP is on that list and traceable to you.

thanks for making that clear! well but i have never heard that someone got caught because he/she downloaded something via rapidshare, mediafire etc.. the only one's who got caught were because of torrents or because of using programms like emule, utorrent and how they re all called like..