November 15, 200322 yr I'm working on a site with frames now and it's all good. But when I upload it I can't open the site properly anymore because it says my browser won't allow frames. But IE 3.0 and all upgraded versions shouldn't have any problems with frames. I got IE 5.0 or 6.0, not sure. Why can't I upload a page with frames and actually view it??? :confused:
November 15, 200322 yr if you're using geocities you have to type the frame tags into geocities. um well you have to go to adv page properties under 'formate' and type it into 'body tag script'.
November 15, 200322 yr i suck at solving problems with computers......i usually just turn off the power bar and hope for the best.... can't help ya there :P
November 15, 200322 yr Author It is geocities indeed. :stunned: The new main page is this: http://geocities.com/Joule270482/index.html
November 15, 200322 yr Looks like a 3page frameset linked from index.htm presume this is something like... in index.htm <frameset cols="20%,80%"> <frame src="seite.htm"> <frameset rows="20%,80%"> <frame src="top.htm"> <frame src="index2.htm"> </frameset> </frameset> looks like the 3 pages can't be found. Make sure the relative paths to the other files are right. S
November 15, 200322 yr Author This is one of the pages the main page links to, it works when you open it directly. http://www.geocities.com/joule270482/links.html
November 15, 200322 yr This is one of the pages the main page links to' date=' it works when you open it directly. http://www.geocities.com/joule270482/links.html[/quote'] 2 things... 1) Check the names of the pages cos the ones you linked to from index.htm are the ones my alter ego above mentioned... index2.htm, top.htm, seite.htm 2) Check the name suffix is .htm and not .html. Looks like geocities uses .htm by default.
November 15, 200322 yr Author The extensions and names are right, I can't access the general html though coz it says I can't view frames. :confused:
November 15, 200322 yr did you put the frame tags in advanced page properties? it goes on the page thats holding all the frames, if you didnt.
November 15, 200322 yr Author top.htm seite.htm links.html music.html pictures.htm and some links to other pages btw, I might be dreaming but the frame thingy partially works now, just partially though. :stunned:
November 15, 200322 yr Author did you put the frame tags in advanced page properties? it goes on the page thats holding all the frames' date=' if you didnt.[/quote'] Ummm, it was a frame page already, my work started after that. :blush:
November 15, 200322 yr oh ok didnt know that. [edit]wait i did know that lol, i dont even know why i asked that question again.[/edit]
November 15, 200322 yr Author Anyway, thank you all. If I were you, I'd run before I can think of another question. :sneaky: :lol:
Create an account or sign in to comment