✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moving to Mars Piano effect?

crestingwaves

I don't know *how* to get it, but I'm sure that's the sound of playing the sound of a piano reversed.

I can imagine you can record a note or chord, use a programme to reverse the audio, then convert it to a MIDI sort of file and have an electric keyboard play it. Or perhaps there's a keyboard that has a particular voice that sounds like that noise? I don't have a keyboard of my own to try this though, so good luck with that!

I don't know *how* to get it, but I'm sure that's the sound of playing the sound of a piano reversed.

I can imagine you can record a note or chord, use a programme to reverse the audio, then convert it to a MIDI sort of file and have an electric keyboard play it. Or perhaps there's a keyboard that has a particular voice that sounds like that noise? I don't have a keyboard of my own to try this though, so good luck with that!

yup, VST plugins and such things are able to do some nice tricks.

reversing suff: Boss DD7 (is it dd7 ? xD) well the delay pedal for guitar

also, i just found a gorgeous version of don't panic and yes, there is a piano with a phaser indeed. it's studio effects i believe, live, it can be achieved with a phaser pedal like jonny's mxr phase 90 or whatever he has got...

I've slowed it down and there is nothing going on with the piano, it's a afterwards added effect of what I believe inverted strings.

If u slow it down you can actually hear the piano making a fast strum downwards. And you can hear that the effect is something else.

It can be a reverst VSTi instrument or actual recording of an guitar or anything else.

It shouldn't be hard to recreate the sound.

Yeah, sorry I should have worded the question better. I'm not so concerned with "how" to get the sound, rather "what" it is ;)

Thanks for your help!

yup, VST plugins and such things are able to do some nice tricks.

reversing suff: Boss DD7 (is it dd7 ? xD) well the delay pedal for guitar

also, i just found a gorgeous version of don't panic and yes, there is a piano with a phaser indeed. it's studio effects i believe, live, it can be achieved with a phaser pedal like jonny's mxr phase 90 or whatever he has got...

Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Don't Panic's effects. I'll muck around at home (I have a DD7) and see what I can do!