✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm going to CHICAGO and I need some suggestions!!!

NumbersGirl

^ Umm, actually the Tigers pwn both. :nod:

And... thank you again for all the advice guys, but we recently decided that we're not going to go. :disappointed: My husband had a certain expectation of how much the hotel would cost (I guess he thought hotels in a big city would cost the same as one in BFE); so since his expectation got blown out of the water he just got irritated by the whole thing and decided to put it off for now. Oh well.

^ Umm, actually the Tigers pwn both. :nod:

And... thank you again for all the advice guys, but we recently decided that we're not going to go. :disappointed: My husband had a certain expectation of how much the hotel would cost (I guess he thought hotels in a big city would cost the same as one in BFE); so since his expectation got blown out of the water he just got irritated by the whole thing and decided to put it off for now. Oh well.

Have you heard about hostels? many of them in Chi-town

Have you heard about hostels? many of them in Chi-town
Yeah but something tells me my husband wouldn't really be to keen on a hostel.

And you've gotta understand... even if at this point we found a hotel for $1 per night, it wouldn't matter. He's already irked about it, so even if we went it would still be in the back of his head and he probably wouldn't have a good time.

I've been looking for hostels on trip advisor and sometimes the hostels have private rooms for two people and those are way cheaper than a hotel room, maybe you could try to find a decent one there, there are lots of opinions about every hostel in any town, it could be useful.

I used to live near Chicago and went there a lot. Pizza is great and I ate different types, one of them was Ginos which was fantastic. Lots of concerts and bands, so check that out. If you like Chicago Blues, I used to go Kingston Mines, but there are other places they play. Lake Michigan is lot warmer that Pacific Ocean, wear summer clothes because it is hot this time of the year.

Pepsi, Coke, 7 Up, etc. are called Pop (not soda). Do not use the word soda, because there are lots of jokes about people who call it that. This word is for the whole Midwest.

Haha so true and in some canadian parts too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that you are not going anymore. Tell the hubby, he's missing out. I hope you can visit Chicago in the near future. Cheers.

I heard that you drink Pop in Canada also. If you are from outside the USA and you want to drink beer, wine, alcohol, liquor, etc. be sure to bring your passport. It sound like a stupid law, but the USA has strict drinking laws. Europeans, British, Australians please read this, because you are worst at carrying your passports. Japanese are the best to bringing their passports. Most places take Canadian drivers license, but a few places might not accept them.