✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm going to CHICAGO and I need some suggestions!!!

NumbersGirl

I'm going to take a little vacation to Chicago soon, and need some ideas of things to do, places to go, cool restaurants, etc.; especially from people who have actually been there.

We will probably go to Navy Pier and Shedd Aquarium, beyond that we're not sure.

I'll take out-of-the-ordinary suggestions too. Whatever. Anything. Just feed my brain. Thanks bunches.

Go to pizzeria Uno to try the deep dish pizza! :D

Just walking around downtown is pretty cool, lots of restauraunts and stuff

go to millenium park and take pictures at the bean :)

you could check out grant park and see where lolla took place :)

Go to bars downtown, bars in chicago are pretty cool.

I've taken a taxi boat once, takes u on the river it was pretty cool, but dnt remember where it was :\

There's lots to do, I wanno go again :D

Food:

Yolk on South Michigan, best breakfast in Chicago

Al's for Italian Beef

Opart, kelly says best Thai food in town

Gotta have a Chicago style hotdog

Heaven on Seven

Do lunch at the Signature Room on 95th foor in the Hancock Building...view is :awesome:

Things to do:

Architecture River Cruise is good

Art Institute

Milennium Park/Grant Park

If you like to shop, Michigan Ave- if you want to spend a lot, State Street -if you don't.

Bars are located every 3 feet so just walk into any of those. :P

If you need any Hotel advice let me know.

I was there last summer and I went back last June :)

My fav. spots are Millenium Park/ Grant Park, dont forget to stop at the Buckingham fountain at night.

the beaches in downtown (Oak St beach),

Drive around Lake shore drive and around the Gold Coast

Walking and shopping on Michigan Ave. (Magnificient mile)

The boat tour is a must.

The Art Institute is also a must.

Visit the Sears tower and try the new glass boxes. I went there in late afternoon and there were no lines.

For the deep dish pizza, I recommend Giovanni's (or something like that). It's way better than Uno

I havent been to the Zoo but I heard it's great and free.

I love Chicago, I hope you have fun.

Would love to help but I was only in Chicago for Thursday night, Friday, and left Saturday morning. I didn't do anything Saturday, Friday was Lolla, and Thursday we just went to Giordano's which supposedly has a great deep dish which I didn't try, but everything else was delicious! So I guess I'm just saying go to Giordano's and try to see Coldplay because that was the best thing I did in Chicago. Good luck with that second part though...

Edit: Ha! See, Macky just said that Giordano's has a better deep dish! I guess I am pretty helpful after all :D

Food:

Yolk on South Michigan, best breakfast in Chicago

Al's for Italian Beef

Opart, kelly says best Thai food in town

Gotta have a Chicago style hotdog

Heaven on Seven

Do lunch at the Signature Room on 95th foor in the Hancock Building...view is :awesome:

Things to do:

Architecture River Cruise is good

Art Institute

Milennium Park/Grant Park

If you like to shop, Michigan Ave- if you want to spend a lot, State Street -if you don't.

Bars are located every 3 feet so just walk into any of those. :P

If you need any Hotel advice let me know.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the chicago style hot dog. It's worth the try.

And when you go to Navy Pier, try Garrets popcorn. Yummy

Would love to help but I was only in Chicago for Thursday night, Friday, and left Saturday morning. I didn't do anything Saturday, Friday was Lolla, and Thursday we just went to Giordano's which supposedly has a great deep dish which I didn't try, but everything else was delicious! So I guess I'm just saying go to Giordano's and try to see Coldplay because that was the best thing I did in Chicago. Good luck with that second part though...

Edit: Ha! See, Macky just said that Giordano's has a better deep dish! I guess I am pretty helpful after all :D

Giordano's thats the name.

PS: I eat a lot but I couldn't finish a medium deep dish pizza. The portions are BIG.

I need to go try giordano's pizza now

I read somewhere:

a good excuse to go to chicago, is a good excuse to go to chicago :D. (Lolla was the best excuse ever!)

Where do you guys get your chicago style hot dog? I just get mine at midway airport on my way home, they are actually pretty good there :)

Lou Malnati's is better than Giordano's. Less saucy and more tomato-y and just better overall. I love them both but Lou's is just better.

Most of what Angie said is perfect. She's been here a lot and never once saw Coldplay when she was in town. Never. ;)

Segway tours look pretty fun. They're usually along the beaches.

Agree with hitting Lou's over the other deep dish spots. I'd skip the Shedd. Expensive, and doesn't take much time to go through it. If you like art, hit the Art Institute, if you're driving, go a little out of the city and check out Brookfield Zoo (versus the Shedd). I like Bongo Room for breakfast (amazing). Billy Goats for a burger, Super Dawg for a dog. Shop Michigan Avenue and State Street (some cool architecture). If you want to venture out of that area, Wrigleyville and Wicker Park have several cute restaurants and shops.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Lou Malnatti's deep dish pizza was fantastic. I ate at Bennigans three times on Michigan ave while I was there and their food is really good. I enjoyed the Chicago Cultural center (it's free!), also loved Milennium Park and the awesome shopping on state street. Navy Pier was really cool too.

Carrie, i totally fell in love with Chicago and after being a ny girl I can truly say its the bestest city evaaa do what ever angie said to do and make sure you go to Yolk and the boat tour at like sunset

ps they sell wine and beer at the drug/pharmacy stores which is so crazy and shower curtains if you need to go to a show in the rain hehehe the subways are the best way to travel and soooo cheappppp

• 2 weeks later...