✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It's a sample.

filiprasmusson

Some people really are so slow. Its hilarious actually because i was only thinking the other day that 'some really slow people (Who havent really got a clue about the bands direction) will only just be realising this now.'
I don't get what you mean by this. In what manner are you slow when you read in the booklet that in de CD a sample of Takk is used?

How were you supposed to know this before if you hadn't heard the songs yet and hadn't read the booklet yet? Just by knowing/understanding what directing Coldplay is going to? Please tell me that you mean something else by this and that I just understood you wrong or that you posted in the wrong thread. And otherwise tell me how knowing the band's direction would automatically lead to realising that Coldplay must have used a sample of Takk in Princess of China.

• 3 months later...

So, let me get this straight. I recentally loked up takk...., and I figured it would be the little guitar part at the end of U.F.O, but it's actually not. It's just the one syth note that transitions U.F.O to PoC. I don't even think they'd need to credit Sigor Ros for that, it's essentially 1 note. It's cool they did though, shows how consientious the band is of respecting other peoples work.

So, let me get this straight. I recentally loked up takk...., and I figured it would be the little guitar part at the end of U.F.O, but it's actually not. It's just the one syth note that transitions U.F.O to PoC. I don't even think they'd need to credit Sigor Ros for that, it's essentially 1 note. It's cool they did though, shows how consientious the band is of respecting other peoples work.

It's probably because of the whole Viva La Vida-Joe Satriani bullshit case. :nod:

If they hadn't credited Sigur Ros then someone was bound to notice a similarity and say "OMG THEYZ STEALIN FROM SIGUR ROS!!1" and Coldplay would have ended up in the same trouble they were in 3 years ago. So naturally they decided to go for the safe option and give credit no matter how tiny the sample was.