✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX on Rhapsody .... Purchase Only

Technicolour TX

I have a subscription to Rhapsody so I can download and hear all kinds of music, and was looking forward to hearing MX this morning upon its release. However, I log in and see that the album is "For Purchase Only." All the other new releases from other bands are always available for download, but for some reason MX isn't given that status.

Thanks for nothing Rhapsody....:P

• 3 months later...

Coldplay decided not distribute MX through subscription services such as Rhapsody or Spotify. I don' t understand why. According to the Hollywood Reporter Rhapsody pays an average of 0.91 cents per play to the artist. Apple will pay a one time royalty of 70% of the $1.29 cost of a song. Lets to do the math shall we. With Apple the artist will get a one time payment 0.903 cents per song. With Rhapsody the payment is 0.91 cents PER PLAY! Even if the Hollywood Reporter was mistaken and Rhapsody only pays 0.091 cents per play the artist still comes out ahead with Rhapsody. I am certain I have listened to "Paradise" at least 30 times. This would have been a payment to the artist of $2.73 at 0.091 cents per play. I don't understand how these music executives make it to the positions they have when they can't even do simple math. Get with the program music exec's, there is finally a medium where people will gladly pay for music again and you guys want to #$%# it up! Make MX available in Rhapsody!