✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ultimate MX Tracklist??

doogsy1

I was just wondering what my fellow Coldplayers think of the tracklist of MX and what theirs would ideally be. Personally, I think it goes downhill after Major Minus until Up With the Birds. Considering they where obviously written and recorded in the MX sessions, I'm really, really disappointed that Moving to Mars and Christmas Lights didn't appear on the album. Obviously if they where going to, they wouldn't have been released when they were and Christmas Lights wouldn't be Christmas themed. But anyway, this is my ultimate tracklist for MX.

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Paradise

4. Charlie Brown

5. Us Against the World

6. M.M.I.X.

7. Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (preferably not called this :D)

8. Major Minus

9. Christmas Lights (not called this either)

10. U.F.O. (finishes at 2:00)

11. Moving to Mars

12. Up With the Birds

What do you think? Does it work?

Christmas doesn't fit in MX at all.

As much as I enjoy MX, I think there's no song on the album that comes close to Christmas Lights.

If I could change MX's tracklist, I would exchange Princess of China for Moving to Mars. The rest is good.

ULTIMATE MX TRAX LIST:

1. White Christmas

2. Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer!

3. Jingle Bells

4. Silent Night

5. Christmas Lights

6. Santa Claus is comin 2 town

7. Little Donkey

epic closing track:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drTBuUhN-4]Christmas Classics- No.1 Little Donkey- With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Jingle Bells is obviously the lead single.

better than UWTB

btw i'm pretty sure let it snow is a hidden track.

It doesn't work that well, to be honest.

UFO feels really out of place when it is followed by Moving To Mars which in turn is followed by Up With The Birds. The transition between a soft guitar song (U.F.O) to a soft piano symphony (MTM and first half of UWTB) and back to a soft guitar song is a very anti-climatic lead out to an album. Christmas Lights definitely doesn't belong right after Major Minus either. If there was another short instrumental to draw in the transition between a very upbeat song (Major Minus) to a soft Christmas Symphony (Christmas Lights) that would work. Thats all I have to say.

In my opinion an extended MX would look similar or somewhere around this:

1.Mylo Xyloto

2.Hurts Like Heaven

3.Paradise

4.Charlie Brown

5.Us Against the World

6.M.M.I.X.

7.Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

8.Major Minus

9.U.F.O

10.Moving To Mars

11.Princess Of China

12.Up In Flames

13.A Hopeful Transmission

14.Don't Let It Break Your Heart

15.Up With The Birds

16.Christmas Lights

ULTIMATE MX TRAX LIST:

1. White Christmas

2. Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer!

3. Jingle Bells

4. Silent Night

5. Christmas Lights

6. Santa Claus is comin 2 town

7. Little Donkey

epic closing track:

Jingle Bells is obviously the lead single.

better than UWTB

btw i'm pretty sure let it snow is a hidden track.

You missed the part where I said lyrically it wasn't a Christmas themed song lol.

You missed the part where I said lyrically it wasn't a Christmas themed song lol.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous it would sound and how off putting it would be if, after 40 minutes of spray can soul - carefree pop/hip hop music about oppression, creavitiy and human expression it went straight into:

"Oh when you're still waiting for the snow to fall

Doesn't really feel like Christmas at all

Still waiting for the snow to fall

It doesn't really feel like Christmas at all

Those Christmas lights

Light up the street

Down where the sea and city meet

May all your troubles soon be gone

Oh Christmas lights keep shining on"

It would sound ridiculous and every reviewer in the world would be scratching their head. So I guess it's Christmas now? Right. They went from singing about princesses, graffiti and rebellion and started singing about Christmas?

people these days... How you can think Christmas Lights fits the rhetoric expressed in MX really, really baffles me.

Obviously none of you people realize that lyrically, Christmas Lights is about a person moving on after a break-up or divorce or something like that. Mylo Xyloto doesn't have a happy ending. Neither does this song. Best suited for the closing track of MX.

Obviously none of you people realize that lyrically, Christmas Lights is about a person moving on after a break-up or divorce or something like that. Mylo Xyloto doesn't have a happy ending. Neither does this song. Best suited for the closing track of MX.

And White Christmas is actually about hope and optimism, according to Irving Berlin - the musical genius who wrote the song. And according to Bing Crosby. The man who recorded it.

Let's chuck that on MX too then?

Mylo Xyloto certainly has a happy ending.

"A simple plot. And I know one day, good things are coming our way"..

It's about moving on with loss and being stronger because of it.

I think you've misinterpreted the hell out of it.

And about the whole "CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ISN'T ABOUT CHRISTMAS!" thing....

Most Christmas songs draw paralells to relationships, because Christmas is heavily connected to that. More break ups, more get together and more suicides over lost love happen on Christmas day than probably any other. Christmas is very heavily connected to relationships. Listen to songs like Fairytale of New York, White Christmas and Let It Snow.

None of those are explicitly about Christmas. Fairytale of New York is about the same sort of thing Christmas Lights is. White Christmas is about holding on to hope and optimism throughout hard times. Let it Snow is about being reckless and carefree and happy go lucky.

THEY ARE STILL ALL CHRISTMAS SONGS.

THEY STILL DON'T FIT.

And White Christmas is actually about hope and optimism, according to Irving Berlin - the musical genius who wrote the song. And according to Bing Crosby. The man who recorded it.

Let's chuck that on MX too then?

Mylo Xyloto certainly has a happy ending.

"A simple plot. And I know one day, good things are coming our way"..

It's about moving on with loss and being stronger because of it.

I think you've misinterpreted the hell out of it.

And about the whole "CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ISN'T ABOUT CHRISTMAS!" thing....

Most Christmas songs draw paralells to relationships, because Christmas is heavily connected to that. More break ups, more get together and more suicides over lost love happen on Christmas day than probably any other. Christmas is very heavily connected to relationships. Listen to songs like Fairytale of New York, White Christmas and Let It Snow.

None of those are explicitly about Christmas. Fairytale of New York is about the same sort of thing Christmas Lights is. White Christmas is about holding on to hope and optimism throughout hard times. Let it Snow is about being reckless and carefree and happy go lucky.

THEY ARE STILL ALL CHRISTMAS SONGS.

THEY STILL DON'T FIT.

OK

It's not such a happy ending because Mylo's love has left him, and he has to move on.

Start Again, I Hear them Say

That's what makes it not a happy ending. they're not together, they have seperated,

and that theme of Up With The Birds is almost exactly the same as Christmas Lights, only he is still searching for that "one"

When you're still waiting for the snow to fall, It doesn't really feel like Christmas At All.

It's even more Depressing because he is alone at Christmas.

P.S Im also not saying it isn't a christmas song, i'm just pointing another interpretation of the song, the intended interpretation. Of course its a Christmas Song! why would it have a Christmas theme to it if it wasn't a Christmas Song?!

It's not such a happy ending because Mylo's love has left him, and he has to move on.

Start Again, I Hear them Say

That's what makes it a sad ending. they're not together, they have seperated,

and that theme of Up With The Birds is almost exactly the same as Christmas Lights, only he is still searching for that "one"

When you're still waiting for the snow to fall, It doesn't really feel like Christmas At All.

It's even more Depressing because he is alone at Christmas.

So, im also not saying it isn't a christmas song, i'm just pointing another interpretation of the song, the intended interpertation. Of course its a Christmas Song! why would it have a Christmas theme to it if it wasn't a Christmas Song?!

:facepalm:

The breakup in MX stops being sad at AHT. AHT marks the point where they change their line of thinking. Like I said earlier it's about getting over hardship and realising that you're stronger because of it. They "don't let it break their hearts", they start again, the move on and they know "good things are coming their way".

How is any of that sad? I think it's incredibly uplifting without being tacky and cheesy.

I know the interpretation of Christmas lights. It's about being alone on Christmas and wishing you were back together. That's INCREDIBLY Christmassy. Christmas is a time where you are connected with loved ones, and when you aren't with them Christmas sucks. That's what the song is about.

I can't comprehend how you don't see how it would be strange after the perfect ending with UWTB, morphing into a Christmas ballad. It would be laughably bad.

But whatevs. I'm tired. If you want the last song of MX to be a Christmas song, just include it on your Ipod so it plays that way.

Do what you want :) x

What I meant was that in my perfect MX it wouldn't be Christmas themed. I just love the music. Forget the lyrics... In fact just forget I mentioned it all together.

Geez, people here obviously need to let off a bit of steam. We're all Coldplay lovers here. No need to get upset.

AHT and DLIBYH is where they break up, not getting back together. They are tired of fighting with eachother and they go their own ways. UWTB is moving on, starting again. CL is coping with moving on. Is that usually a happy ending in what is supposedly a "Love Story"?

Actually, You know what? I'm tired of fighting too. We've tasted enough sal****er. I'm tired of aiming my arrows, you're burning tired of catching cannonballs, how about we just put it all behind us. The both of us just shut up. Agree? :deal2:

AHT and DLIBYH is where they break up, not getting back together.

What?

I never said AHt and DLIBYH is them getting back together. They break up during POC and UIF.

AHT and DLIBYH is where they move forward positively and get over it. Hence the title. They "don't let it break their hearts". It's not sad at all.

I don't see where I'm losing you lol.

I'm implying that that's not what a happy ending to a love story goes. I honestly don't feel like arguing anymore

It's certainly a happy ending.

That's the whole point - they DON'T get back together.

What would we have taken out of it if they broke up then got back together and everything was ok? What message would there be in that? Barely any.

But making it so they don't get back together, but still manage to be happy and move on as better people is beautiful. I think it's incredibly inspiring.

I think you've got your idea of a love story locked into your head and anything different can't be a happy ending.

I was just wondering what my fellow Coldplayers think of the tracklist of MX and what theirs would ideally be. Personally, I think it goes downhill after Major Minus until Up With the Birds. Considering they where obviously written and recorded in the MX sessions, I'm really, really disappointed that Moving to Mars and Christmas Lights didn't appear on the album. Obviously if they where going to, they wouldn't have been released when they were and Christmas Lights wouldn't be Christmas themed. But anyway, this is my ultimate tracklist for MX.

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Paradise

4. Charlie Brown

5. Us Against the World

6. M.M.I.X.

7. Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (preferably not called this :D)

8. Major Minus

9. Christmas Lights (not called this either)

10. U.F.O. (finishes at 2:00)

11. Moving to Mars

12. Up With the Birds

What do you think? Does it work?

Sort of. Call ETIAW "Rebel Song" and Christmas Lights "Tears We Cried" or "Just Walk Away" and there you go.

• 2 weeks later...