✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay taught Emeli Sande to be disciplined on stage

coldplaymom

Coldplay taught Emeli Sande to be disciplined on stage

Coldplay have taught Emeli Sande to be disciplined on stage and the 'Heaven' hitmaker says supporting the band on tour has shaped her own performances.

309403-coldplay-taught-emeli-sande-to-be-disciplined-on-stage-410x230.jpg

Coldplay taught Emeli Sande to be disciplined on stage.

The 'Heaven' singer - who supported Coldplay on their 'Mylo Xyloto' European tour in 2011 - has revealed watching the British band in action has shaped her own performances as well as teaching her to be considerate behind the scenes.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the O2 Silver Clef Awards in London today (29.06.12) - where she picked up the American Express Innovation award - Emeli said: ''When you watch them onstage it's so energetic, but there's still an intimacy to it. So I guess I've learned that from them, and there's such discipline going on with them behind the scenes.

''Everything is very considered and everybody is very welcome and those are things I'll take with me for the rest of my career.''

The 'Paradise' hitmakers were so impressed with the 24-year-old singer-songwriter that they invited her back to join them on their US tour in July and August.

BRIT Critics' Choice Award winner Emeli added: ''I've had a few conversations with Chris [Martin] and I see them when they're coming on and I'm going off, but the main thing I've learned from them is seeing them onstage and how it all operates.''

Emeli has also admitted that there was a lot of pressure on her to perform with the seven-time Grammy Award winning group, and the nerves took over at first.

''The first show we did was in Glasgow, so that was a home crowd. It's difficult because you think, 'This is a crowd which came for Coldplay, how will they react to my music?'

''But after the first gig, it was just fantastic! Then we had a great time around Europe and we were invited back to perform with them in America.''

link

If this is the case, wouldn't you know that her name is written with an 'I' at the end?

& about the article, I can imagine that the whole experience must have been very inspiring for her :) Her career is going very well, hope she keeps going like this! Love her music.

Geez! No, not necessarily. People who've known me for years still butcher my name all the time. :rolleyes: