✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Help Needed!

kaatherine_M

Hello everyone,

On the 20th of July, just 11 days ago; a nineteen year old boy named Sam Lewis, also known as 'Mr Nice Guy' among his friends and family, tragically collapsed and died in his workplace due to genetic problems. Sam attended the same school as me and he was a great lover of Coldplay. His favourite song 'Till Kingdom Come' was played at his funeral which was packed with all the people who knew and loved him.

I know it is a long shot and quite unrealistic but my friends and I were hoping that some way the boys could find out about the great loss to their family of fans and perhaps dedicate a song to him, or even just a tweet on their Twitter page. It would mean everything to everybody here who are still in shock.

So, I'm asking for help and advice from whoever can give it, on what I should do.

Thank you,

Katherine

I am so sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences. No person should ever die young and I send his friends and family all my love. I am truly saddened by this. I think your best bet is to send this news to the Oracle on Coldplay.com and ask if she can tell the boys about it. It would be a wonderful thing if the boys could dedicate a song to him. He sounded like a wonderful person. Love, M

I am so sad and so sorry for your loss sincere condolences to his friends and family :cry:

maybe also write to them.

Address:

Coldplay

P.o. Box 246

Cheadle

SK8 9AF

UK

But there are so many letters send by fans for the guys.

But it's better ask to Debs, transmit much more faster.

I am so sad and so sorry for your loss sincere condolences to his friends and family :cry:

maybe also write to them.

Address:

Coldplay

P.o. Box 246

Cheadle

SK8 9AF

UK

But there are so many letters send by fans for the guys.

But it's better ask to Debs, transmit much more faster.

Thank you! Oh yes I will let my friends know and see about writing to them!

Sorry I'm a bit clueless, so how would I get in contact with Debs?

Hey, I am sorry for this loss and like the others here, I send you and his family my deepest condolences. That's a really cool idea and I hope you'll manage to make it happen.

The Oracle thing is a very good idea!

There is also Coldplay's official email address but I'm sure there are so many emails sent and maybe yours won't be read. Here it is : [email protected]

But try the Oracle one, it's the best option I think ;)

Good luck. :)

Thank you everyone for your excellent help and we really appreciate everything.

I am only 14 years old, and Coldplay have had a huge influence on me my whole life. So if We got to our goal of Coldplay dedicating a song to dear Sam, that would be a huge triumph. I'm sure Sam would be the happiest guy in the world.

I will keep everyone posted if we get any reply!

Thanks again,

Katherine :)

Thank you! Oh yes I will let my friends know and see about writing to them!

Sorry I'm a bit clueless, so how would I get in contact with Debs?

Careful, that address Lory gave you isn't up-to-date, it's an old one I believe. Anyway, to contact them, the e-mail is the best option you have.

Good luck :)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I got a reply from Debs;

Hi Katherine,

That is such a sad thing to read, please pass on our sincere condolences.

This has unfortunately become an increasingly familiar situation over the years. It's the worst part of my job receiving such tragic letters telling me of fans' death. I wish there was something I can do but due to the incredibly large number of people who ask me the same, I really can't help.

I hope you see the situation I am in but at the same time completely understand why you ask and think it's lovely that you have.

So sorry to be disappointing.

Love,

Debs

x