✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

No B-Sides, no nothing.

Maxovic

19 October, 2011. Finaly. After 3 years of waiting and enjoying Viva la Vida, the new album came out; Mylo Xyoloto. I was slightly disappointed

in the result, definitly not my favorite album but, okay.

Now, almost 2 years after MX we still did not had any B side of MX. The only B side we have heard is Moving to Mars, lovely song btw. So what the fuck is going on? 1 year after VlV they gave us Prospekt March, and now? Im so dissapointed... Does anybody knows about any B sides that they will bring out soon?????

What the fuck is going on? They are working on the next album, that is what's going on.

I would have loved some B sides too, but I'm 99% sure they won't come anymore. It's Coldplay's decision, if they think it's the best without B sides, we don't get B sides. They do what they want, which is ok for me.

It wouldn't be right if they released things they are not comfortable with in my opinion.

It's not just Coldplay. Loads of bands nowadays are giving up on B-sides. We should consider ourselves lucky to have got even one B-side (even though it should have been on the album) out of the whole MX era. While it would be great if they did release more B-sides, they obviously have their reasons why they didn't, and we should respect that.

I don't like double negatives used in the wrong way.

That aside ... does it matter if they release the new songs as a new album or as B-sides? They already released so many singles from MX that it wouldn't make sense to come up with new ones, just to accompany a B-side song.

And also, if you didn't really like MX, then wouldn't you like them to focus on a new album rather than come up with B-sides from an era that you don't like that much anyway?

19 October, 2011. Finaly. After 3 years of waiting and enjoying Viva la Vida, the new album came out; Mylo Xyoloto. I was slightly disappointed

in the result, definitly not my favorite album but, okay.

Now, almost 2 years after MX we still did not had any B side of MX. The only B side we have heard is Moving to Mars, lovely song btw. So what the fuck is going on? 1 year after VlV they gave us Prospekt March, and now? Im so dissapointed... Does anybody knows about any B sides that they will bring out soon?????

Calm down mate, they'll release new stuff eventually, just not on a fixed schedule. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's fairly simple... the era of B-sides is just dying. They were on physical singles mainly, possibly to sell them a bit more, and those physical singles aren't selling that well now due to the shift towards digital sales. I miss them too because a lot of great Coldplay songs are found not on the albums but on the single releases and EPs as B-sides, but what can you do.

It could be that the intention was to save some of the stronger songs that did not quite fit into the concept of MX for the next album - as is sometimes the case - although I am sure that by the time the sixth album is ready those leftover songs will all have been replaced by newer songs that they are more excited about.

I remember way back after AROBTTH came out reading an article where one of the band (Chris mabye?) made mention of a disk/file of such leftover songs marked "save for #3" that was set aside for future use. You have to wonder how many, if any, of those songs made it onto what became X&Y.