✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

US begins shutdown amid budget row

busybeeburns

Lobbyist writing the bill is not a minor detail. That's the biggest detail.

And then, I have failed to see anything in it that addresses the government protection that allows prices to rise and tons of illegal activity in the medical industry. This takes a cornered market, protected by government, allowing illegal activity and keeps it protected but will allow them to get away with more and thus increase prices.

Lobbyist writing the bill is not a minor detail. That's the biggest detail.
That's not what I was referring to when I said "minor detail". I was commenting that the statement in the article/editorial left out the minor [sarcastic] detail (i.e., important detail) that the insurance companies will be also be paying for expenditures associated with the new people, not just collecting money from them. One-sided editorials tend to leave out "minor" details like that.

On a side note, or I suppose more to the original topic, it blows my mind that WIC is one of the items that is immediately suspended. Screw the poverty-stricken women and their children, yeah.

Here in Blighty we're telling you Yanks to sort this splendid mess out!

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/10/08/stupid-ridiculous-british-view-shutdown/

Yeah that's pretty much how us Yanks feel about it too.

If October 17th comes and goes without anything being done... this will be unprecedented. I'm having difficulty grasping the concept of all the repercussions.