✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone lives in London/Brighton/South East Coast area?

grids

Hello :)

I'm kinda new in the UK. Does anyone have any recommendations of what are the best places to visit around the area? Thought of maybe it would be fun to kinda explore some places around South East coast...or some in Scotland too that's fine. Just any kind of interesting places that I could visit in the UK :D

It'll be more helpful to put down the links so that I can directly click on it and read.

Thanks guys, cheers! :D

I live in London. I made a few suggestions in the other thread so have a look there :)

I've only lived in London for two years though and I don't know the South East very well.

As for Scotland, Edinburgh is very pretty but very touristy. We stayed in a B & B by the sea and it was lovely. Can't remember what the place was called but I can have look if you're interested. We went in June a couple of years ago and it was really sunny and it almost felt like we were in Southern Europe :lol: (We were very lucky with the weather though.) I liked Glasgow too, there's lots to do and it's less touristy which is why I kinda preferred it to Edinburgh.

Are you also interested in going to the North of England?

I live in London. I made a few suggestions in the other thread so have a look there :)

I've only lived in London for two years though and I don't know the South East very well.

As for Scotland, Edinburgh is very pretty but very touristy. We stayed in a B & B by the sea and it was lovely. Can't remember what the place was called but I can have look if you're interested. We went in June a couple of years ago and it was really sunny and it almost felt like we were in Southern Europe :lol: (We were very lucky with the weather though.) I liked Glasgow too, there's lots to do and it's less touristy which is why I kinda preferred it to Edinburgh.

Are you also interested in going to the North of England?

Thanks for replying, appreciate it! :)

Yea, I'm interested in going to the North of England too. My friend and I are actually planning on going to Glasgow and Edinburgh in December. But we are afraid about the weather, do you think they will have snow going on over there around that time? I am just worried if our plan would not work out as we have expected. So yeah, do you have any recommendations on good places to go for both? If you would like to share the link that'd be great & helpful.

Thank you in advance! :D

Thanks for replying, appreciate it! :)

Yea, I'm interested in going to the North of England too. My friend and I are actually planning on going to Glasgow and Edinburgh in December. But we are afraid about the weather, do you think they will have snow going on over there around that time? I am just worried if our plan would not work out as we have expected. So yeah, do you have any recommendations on good places to go for both? If you would like to share the link that'd be great & helpful.

Thank you in advance! :D

I don't think it snows a lot but if it does snow, you mightn't be able to get there or you could get snowed in. If you're gonna be in the UK for a while, I probably wouldn't plan a trip for December... otherwise you just have to take the risk, I guess.

I used to live in Liverpool and the whole city centre turned into an ice rink when it snowed for a couple of days a few years ago, it was so dangerous. I also got snowed in when I visited someone in Sunderland once :lol: I'm guessing Scottish cities will be better prepared but you wouldn't wanna go there if it snows unless you absolutely have to.

You should try to go to the Lake District if you get the chance, it's really beautiful. I wouldn't go in December though.

http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/

I would definitely go to York as well. If you do go, you should check out this place. It's slightly overpriced but it's lovely.

http://www.bettys.co.uk/

You might also wanna visit some of the major cities in the North. Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and York are fairly close so you could easily visit all those places if you went for a couple of days. I really like Chester as well. It's much smaller but there are a lots of lovely buildings and like York, it's good place to go if you wanna see a traditional city. I would also go to Cheshire Oaks if you like shopping, the designer outlet is really good.

I like Newcastle too but it's a bit further away. It's also a good place to go out.

I'm sorry I've just realised that you also asked for recommendations for Edinburgh and Glasgow. I'm really tired so I'm gonna write more tomorrow.

OOH OOH OOH if you've watched/listened to Quadrophenia by The Who then in Brighton you can go visit the alley way where Jimmy and Steph went down, I haven't been yet but I've seen pictures of where people have written there names on the walls and put quotes from the movie.

In London go to Carnaby Street, all the best clothes are there.

I didn't spend a lot of time in Scotland so I probably won't be able to help you a lot but here are a few tourist attractions that are worth visiting:

Glasgow:

- Pollock Country Park

- Willow Tea Rooms

- Buchanan Street and St Enoch Centre (for shopping)

Edinburgh:

- Go to the beach

- Old Town

- National Museum of Scotland

- Edinburgh Castle

- Edinburgh Zoo

• 6 months later...
I didn't spend a lot of time in Scotland so I probably won't be able to help you a lot but here are a few tourist attractions that are worth visiting:

Glasgow:

- Pollock Country Park

- Willow Tea Rooms

- Buchanan Street and St Enoch Centre (for shopping)

Edinburgh:

- Go to the beach

- Old Town

- National Museum of Scotland

- Edinburgh Castle

- Edinburgh Zoo

I know this is such a really late time to reply, but I do appreciate your suggestions! Thank you so much! :)

If you're coming to the North of England you may want to visit Chester. It was apparently voted the most beautiful city in UK for some reason :L But most of the people here hate Coldplay :/ Another place I'd suggest is Cornwall, more specifically: Porthcurno. I had honestly thought I'd stepped right out of the UK and into Greece! Anyways, those are my only suggestions as I haven't been to London for 3 years so no suggestions there O_O Hopefully that'll change this summer ;)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

• 8 months later...

Ah I may have forgotten about this thread now :P

I have been wanting to go to Cornwall but the train is very expensive and I believe when you get there you need to drive instead of commute? I have a driving license but I havent driven for a while now, dont think I'll remember it again :P

York, Leeds, and Liverpool are beautiful. I went to Edinburgh two weeks ago but I couldnt see the whole city cause I went at night and headed back to South shortly after. Will see if going to Glasgow is worth it too ;)

Thanks for your suggestions guys :D

But is it more of like 'football' town? :P Because I'm not a fan.

Not at all. It's great for museums, shopping, architecture and it's got a great night life. It's pretty much the third city but more interesting than the second city, Birmingham.

It's a football place as much as London is, which has about 8 football teams within it. That's just one easily ignorable aspect of it.

Not at all. It's great for museums, shopping, architecture and it's got a great night life. It's pretty much the third city but more interesting than the second city, Birmingham.

It's a football place as much as London is, which has about 8 football teams within it. That's just one easily ignorable aspect of it.

I have been to Birmingham and went to Cadbury. A bit disappointing because some parts of the stands at the venue were temporarily closed. Probably because I came around Christmas Eve lol.

I'll try to go when I have a chance. Have you been to Windsor?

I think I have when I was younger, though I don't remember it.

Yeah, me and a few cpingers met up in Birmingham last year but we were out of time for the Cadbury thing.

Ah cool. I was in Birmingham too last year about 3 times? I had two events there I remember it one of them was cake decoration at NEC in November. The other one was I went to Jaguar Land Rover manufacturing. The assembly line was awesome :D