✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My new song

eduardobc

Hello everyone, just wanted to share a song I just made and would like some comments on it (you can say the truth if it stinks :D). I know it was poorly mixed and recorded but that's something I'm still working on. Hope you guys like it.

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/eduardo_brown/war-boy]War Boy by Eduardo Brown on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

Lyrics:

I was only 18 when they sent me overseas

Wasn't a smoker nor a drinker as my father used to be

It seemed so exciting to be fighting with my friends

Although we couldn't deny it we were scared until the end

And I had never seen any blood until I shot someone with my gun

But I had to face them, there was nowhere to run

My friends started dying from bullets and diseases

And that's when I became a smoker yeah that's when I began to drink

After hell they sent us down under

What we've been trough people would wonder

We were excited to have fun with our friends

But time was short and we had a war to end

Now that I've seen blood, I shoot everyone with my gun

And now I always face them, now I don't want to run

My friends kept dying from bullets and diseases

Now its my turn, now I've become the deceased

I really liked, cool lyrics with a unusual theme, some good ambient sounds, a nice rithm... maybe if could put some more power in the voice on the last part but also you a nive voiuce, and overall is really good, congratulations :)

I really liked, cool lyrics with a unusual theme, some good ambient sounds, a nice rithm... maybe if could put some more power in the voice on the last part but also you a nive voiuce, and overall is really good, congratulations

Thanks man.. definetly would make it a lot better.. but the problem is I don't have a strong voice, but maybe when I get some vocal lessons I can improve on that. Also I'm very shy, and don't like to sing when there's people in my house, so when I live by myself I'll be able to sing as loud as I can (but then again, I can't sing much louder) :D

I really like these lyrics and the subject matter.

Thanks.. I like to write stories rather then romances and daily stuff. I was thinking of making an entire album with a war story. But that would take a lot of research and time, so I just narrowed it down to one song :)

Maybe one day I'll take my time to do something like that.

I am that way also, just like to sing when i'm alone :D but keep going, im not an expert but i see quality, keep going.

I have some songs if you like to check, the problem is that i'm too lazy to improve them xD make music alone takes a lot of time bahh

I had heard it, one of these days in a post of yours.. I loved the way that you turned the atmosphere of the song at 00:59. It sound's great!

your voice kind of reminds me of Alex from Artic Monkeys.. :)

I'm too lazy to improve my songs as well.. I have a lote of lyrics and melodies ready.. but I just can't find the strength to record it :P

I think partly cause I don't have much gear, and don't have a space just for recording with everything set up just waiting for me to sit and play. I have to set everything up and the thought of that sometimes is enough for me not making anything.. :laugh3:

Kind of reminds you? Oh thanks xD this songs needs more power on some voice parts but as i said, i'm too lazy.

Yeah just like me, some good ideias but i'm too lazy... if you were on a band things are more easy, you can try things much more faster...once you have all ready is just record.. but making music alone takes much more time... sadly

but keep doing stuff, you have talent :)