✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Theory about "O"

ciaA26

Hi everyone,

Ever since the Ghost Stories track list was released, I was intrigued as to what "O" meant. I apologise if this has been answered by Chris in an interview or if there is another thread about it, but I have a theory as to why it seems so important.

Chris has the "O" tattoo on his hand, along with the G, A and M tattoos. Could O possibly be the initial of Gwyneth's miscarried child? I could be way off the mark here, but the G M A and O are all symmetrical on his body as if the connection between them all is family, and O does seem to be an extremely prominent part of the whole album and artwork. Even the stage is set up in the shape of an O.

Am I completely wrong here?

Chris did mention being in awe of the fact that without his music (Apple) wouldn't exist. I think there's a vital connection to his children on this record—you're definitely right about that. Although the story of their relationship is over, their children will always be a symbol of that love. I think that permanence, that eternal change, is part of "O" and the ending. This beautiful thing happened, and there will be proof of that forever.

Chris has the "O" tattoo on his hand, along with the G, A and M tattoos. Could O possibly be the initial of Gwyneth's miscarried child? I could be way off the mark here, but the G M A and O are all symmetrical on his body as if the connection between them all is family, and O does seem to be an extremely prominent part of the whole album and artwork. Even the stage is set up in the shape of an O.

Am I completely wrong here?

The tattoo has something to do with this book:

51cme5WDEnL.jpg

He told fans about it last year or so.

It's a beautiful song! He did mention in an interview that it is a difficult song to listen to because it's so personal... And the added fact that both Apple & Moses sing on the "secret track" & reprise versions of the song respectively.... It means a lot to him. Very personal album all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The question is, what in the world are Apple and Moses singing in O. Really, it's puzzling me to no end.

EDIT: I'm sorry I'm just being stupid. It's Supposed to be Apple and her friend Mabel and they are singing 'O, don't ever let go' which is probably the most emotional thing I have ever heard, ever. Like, it touched me so much more once i knew the lyrics.