✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost stories song meanings.. in my opinion.

Nidiasound

Ghost stories is an album that shows us that him (Chris or anybody else, even you and me) is lost, as if he were in a sea away from God, in the dark ( therefore the oceanic atmosphere and the album cover in the ocean, and the art of the cd. in part as a terrifying ghost story), where he's in tribulation, full of problems, but still looking for God. for help, asking for HIM to show up. Although this is an album like any other of their albums, a disguised one, with songs that show the reality of things and at the same time disguised with events that do have another meaning, one that suits us or simply prefer, just because it fits. This is the meaning I give 'Ghost stories "all mean something, but these are some with more meaning, that speak more in my opinion ..

"ALWAYS IN MY HEAD"

I think of you

I haven't slept (he tells God that is thinking about HIM, apparently he's unable to sleep, because of his problems)

I think I do

But, I do not forget (Although he's thinking of HIM, he can not forget about his problems)

My body moves

Goes where I will

But though I try my heart stays still

It never moves

Just will not be led (his body moves, because he has to, but even tho he tries, his heart is set only on HIM)

And so my mouth waters, to be fed

And you're always in my head

You're always in my head

You're always in my head

You're always in my head

(this might be Chris telling God or God telling him, that he is always in HIS mind)

You're always in my head

Always in my ...

Always in my ...

This, I guess, is to tell you're Chosen out from the rest ... (I think this is a message that could be for Chris, but also for us, tells us we are the chosen ones...)

"MAGIC"

This song has a meaning connected with the history of the video, I prefer not to say it right now, it's a bit hard for me to explain.

"MIDNIGHT"

(I see this song as a deep prayer, Concentrated and fully connected with God)

In the darkness before the dawn

In the swirling storm of this

Rolling round, and with apologies

And hope is gone

Leave a light, a light on (this tells us that he's in this ocean of perdition, in a storm of trouble that he's is having, rolling with apologies and hopeless. Still asks God so that leaves a light, a light that gives him hope.)

Millions of miles from home

In the swirling, swimming on

When I'm Rolling with the thunder

But bleed from thorns (this is a very delicate thing)

Leave a light, a light on (he's far from where he's supposed to be, the place he calls home. In a storm, in tribulation, even though he is swimming out of it and asks God to leave a light of hope for him.)

Leave a light, a light on

*(Here's When he starts to to cry out, to claim. For me it is what those sounds like howls represent)

(In this part the music starts to sound different, in a way, hurriedly, as if you were fighting the storm to reach HIM)

Leave a light, a light on (and finally, Showing us that he's in the dark, before dawn, about to see the light again, and asking God to let a sign of hope)

"ANOTHER'S ARMS"

(A song that is seriously scary, the whole environment of the song is creepy, as if he Were in the "hades". This is one of those disguised songs that i am talking about)

Late night TV watching

Used to be you here beside me

Used to be your arms around me

Your body on my body

(I see this next part as if he's rolling from hand to hand, in one side fine, in the other being tortured like a budu doll)

When the world means nothing to me ( it's when he's with God, and the world does not mean anything to him)

Another's arms

Another's arms

When the pain just rips right through me (this is when other embers, as if he were a budu doll controlled by the Illuminati, while in other arms)

Another's arms

Another's arms

Late night TV watching

Used to be you here beside me ( this is part of the disguise,even though he's saying that through TV or the media is when he's in "another's arms")

Is there someone there to reach me?

Or someone there to find me? (he's asking for help, for someone to reach him / somebody to find him)

When the pain just rips right through me

Another's arms

Another's arms

And that's just torture to me (maybe he's being tortured )

Another's arms

Pull yourself into me

Another's arms

Another's arms

When the world means nothing to me

Another's arms

Another's arms

(same here)

Got to pull you close into me

Another's arms

Another's arms

Pull yourself right through me

Another's arms

Another's arms

(he ask to God to be in him and next to him)

Late night TV watching

Wish you were here That beside me

Wish That Were your arms around me

body (While he's being controlled by the TV ( the media) he asks and wished to be in the Good one's arms)

Your body on my body (in my opinion this is a disguised frace)

"A SKY FULL OF STARS"

'Cause you're a sky,' cause you're a sky full of stars

I'm gonna give you my heart

'Cause you light up the path (in this part, he makes us understand that he has seen God in a sky full of stars, he was in darkness like lost in the ocean, and still saw light, in the stars, maybe the sign he was praying for.. This shows HIS power and HIS mercy. And that's why he's gonna give HIM his heart. God lights his path)

I do not care, go on and tear me apart

I do not care if you do, ooh

'Cause in a sky,' cause in a sky full of stars

I think I saw you (Here he tells the God that he doesn't care if He tear him apart from everything else. And in a sky full of stars is where he saw HIM)

I wanna die in your arms

'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark

I'm gonna give you my heart ( he wants to die in the arms of God. Because God shows himself is shown when we are in tribulation / trouble. there's where God shines the most)

I do not care, go on and tear me apart

I do not care if you do, ooh

'Cause in a sky,' cause in a sky full of stars

I think I see you

I think I see you

You're a sky, you're a sky full of stars

Such a heavenly view

You're such a heavenly view

(Here makes it clear. What he sees is something heavenly)

"O"

This song shows me/us that there are people or things that come into our lives to show us love. But when they do, these people has to leave, they go on. Shows us us that in a momment these people arrive, come to do their job,their mission ( footprint they have to leave us,showing us the love and truth) still they go on, continue on their way, just like angels.

Such beautiful Album.

Its a different take on it, more religious! Most would just point towards Chris' break up with Gwenyth as the lyrical meanings but as Chris said, its how you perceive it :)

(this is when other embers, as if he were a budu doll controlled by the Illuminati, while in other arms)

That made me :laugh3:

While these "Ghosts" are loosely defined as people and experiences from the past, you're definitely right that Chris throws in a ton of religious stuff. I really wish he would talk about it more; perhaps at some point he'll reminisce about Viva in an interview. He must have a bunch of ideas about "God" and what that means for people around the world. One cool hint is that he said on Howard Stern that he doesn't believe in a hell—although this album is VERY dark!

lol that's a bigger and funnier thread tho. But if we change the meaning of spread ,as nutella in bread haha, to spread as message around the world ( as they're doing,) make's more sense to me. But it's ok. Besides, if i see it the nutella way, i'll be hungry every time i listen to coldplay s:

I think that, "anothers arms", "spies", "lovers in japan" and "Major minus" maybe talk about the same thing.