✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Ticket Scandal

Coldplero

-> A truly coldplay fan does not care about HOW FAST the concert tickets are sold, that's what main stream take care off.

I don't care if tickets were sold out in 3 minutes because I know it's a lie, and I know they are not sold in 3 minutes to fans, they are sold in 3 minutes to big companies that are going to resell them at double the price taking benefit from us, the band fans.

-> Two Options I can think of right now: or they stop playing with Coldplay fans or I stop being a Coldplay Fan. Cause I'm not a Coldplay fan so they can play with it and take all my money or anything from me. This is a relationship between me and the band when I want to see them perform live and I'm not going to deal with these money-grabbing jerks. So if Coldplay fans are actually smart, let's raise our voice about this issue.

Again, I don't care about how fast tickets are sold. But if you care about it I wonder how big are your insecurities about the band, because I think Coldplay sells out without the need of these resellers. As a Coldplay fan all I can ask for is Coldplay commenting on this, if not via email here's my email Coldplay: [email protected] and mail me what's going on if you don't want to make it main stream. ALLRIGHT.

-> Ask the oracle and tweet @Coldplay about this, Twitter is not only to ask them "Can you follow me Coldplay" but also to ask them anything related to them so we can have their point of view. I want to read Coldplay's point of view on this matter even though Coldplay is not the 100% of the promoters and they don't choose their promoters but surely they have some decition there or they can at least tell us something about this scandal.

-> NEW! Also you can now join this facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/HOWTOSTARTACOLDPLAYTICKETREVOLUTION . There you will find updated information on this injustice to loyal fans, and where you can sign your petition to stop this ticket touting.

-> NEW! You can now sign petitions to change this for good: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-ticket-touting.html#fbbox

& here it is a more specific one: https://secure.avaaz.org/fr/petition/Coldplay_We_ask_you_to_create_a_software_which_could_permit_to_get_tickets/?oqwULgb

SOURCE: [video=youtube;WWlnL8drSdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw#t=683

Anchorman has already tweeted not to buy tickets from touts. Other than that they can't do anything, anyone can get tickets and resell them, it's a market. It really sucks, but people won't stop reselling tickets just because of one unhappy fan base.

Anchorman has already tweeted not to buy tickets from touts. Other than that they can't do anything, anyone can get tickets and resell them, it's a market. It really sucks, but people won't stop reselling tickets just because of one unhappy fan base.

I agree it's a free market and Coldplay can't and shouldn't have to fix the problem. i do however wonder how so many scalpers/touts can get hold of tickets. Like Coldplero said it seems like there's a relationship between the ticket seller, Ticketmaster etc NOT Coldplay, and the scalpers where they get a kickback from the scalpers. Are there really that many scalpers out there and why are their tickets posted minutes if not seconds after they are bought?? I do think the fact they are checking ID to match the name on tickets is a good start...

I agree it's a free market and Coldplay can't and shouldn't have to fix the problem. i do however wonder how so many scalpers/touts can get hold of tickets. Like Coldplero said it seems like there's a relationship between the ticket seller, Ticketmaster etc NOT Coldplay, and the scalpers where they get a kickback from the scalpers. Are there really that many scalpers out there and why are their tickets posted minutes if not seconds after they are bought?? I do think the fact they are checking ID to match the name on tickets is a good start...

It's really not that difficult. There's enough money to be made that touts invest a tremendous amount of time, money, software and equipment into getting the tickets. It's not like the old days when touting meant some shady dude outside the venue holding up a pair of tickets. It's big business. Every time the ticket sellers put measures in place, the touts are rapidly working on countermeasures.

Personally I'm not a fan of matching tickets to ID because it greatly limits what legitimate buyers can do with the tickets they paid for.

As hard as it is to accept, I think a large amount of touting is always going to go on as long as the demand is there. This is especially true when a massive band like Coldplay plays a small number of shows in small venues as they've been doing lately. You can't book a stadium band into small theaters and not expect a mess.

It's really not that difficult. There's enough money to be made that touts invest a tremendous amount of time, money, software and equipment into getting the tickets. It's not like the old days when touting meant some shady dude outside the venue holding up a pair of tickets. It's big business. Every time the ticket sellers put measures in place, the touts are rapidly working on countermeasures.

Personally I'm not a fan of matching tickets to ID because it greatly limits what legitimate buyers can do with the tickets they paid for.

As hard as it is to accept, I think a large amount of touting is always going to go on as long as the demand is there. This is especially true when a massive band like Coldplay plays a small number of shows in small venues as they've been doing lately. You can't book a stadium band into small theater's and not expect a mess.

You've got some really good points, especially about venue size. I assume if a legitimate person buys tickets for a group of friends they would meet up beforehand and go in together? Maybe that's not always realistic though?

You've got some really good points, especially about venue size. I assume if a legitimate person buys tickets for a group of friends they would meet up beforehand and go in together? Maybe that's not always realistic though?

In most cases yes, but it also has implications for things like people buying tickets as a gift (if they don't plan to attend), someone buying a group's tickets and then having to bow out leaving everyone else in a lurch, parents buying tickets for underage kids who will attend the show alone, legitimate resale/swapping of tickets if one becomes unable to attend, etc. There are loads of situations where the name on the credit card isn't the person attending the gig.

To be honest though, I'm not really against ticket reselling for profit as long as the people who do so have to go through the same channels as everyone else to get their tickets in the first place.

Seriously there are other more important problems to take care of (to me) rather than this but I thought I would comment on this situation because it SHOULD be easy to solve AND IT SURPRISES ME there are no words about this scandal comparing Coldplay ticket issue with other bands like U2 or Madonna (which coincidentally are the 3 most convocatory live entertainments)

I think Coldplay could try what U2's manager did with U2 on the last tour. What U2 did I think it was that 10.000 tickets of every stadium concert must be sold under a certain accesible price to include any musical follower to go and hear them live. I'm not sure if those 10k tickets could be resold. However, I'm not saying that for i.e. (internet explorer) all the 60.000 tickets must match the ID of buyer but a percentage of the total out of those 10.000 tickets should be controlled as to guarantee that these ghost allocations or shady business won't take over the 100% of the 60.000 tickets.

*So to summarize my idea: sell a percentage out of the total of tickets in a venue under a certain price ALSO with match ID of buyer or who he declared he is buying them for (giving the option to gift them ONLY once and AT THE SAME TIME he is buying them, for ie. if the father buys the ticket for his son; also the reason to use match ID on these accessible tickets is that if you really want to see your favourite band live and you don't have a lot of money, the chances of you not attending are greatly reduced to near zero because spending your little money or what you have saved into something secondary like an spectacle shows your interest, that you really want to go or else don't spend your little money on it: This doesn't mean that people with money doesn't have interest in what they spend their money, I'm saying that those accessible tickets should exist and they should be controlled so they are not abused by the companies showed on video, and I'm trying to not get anymore thinking on this cause if you don't have money why are you trying to go to a concert right? But anyways we are people and we are free and we can chose in life).

*I swear I tried to summarize.

-> With these accessible tickets you (kind of) compensate that the person who really wants to see them and does not have much money can still go see it. Even if 9999 tickets out of 10000 the accessible tickets that were meant from Coldplay to be sold to people with low economic resources but high interest in the band are bought by "rich" concert attendees, 1 could get the ticket. And it can be 1 as it could be the 10.000. What do I mean with this big explanation, I mean that you let the luck and random play a role in it, letting out all those money grabing **** websites that resell tickets.

This whole explanation is sad because I should be saying that this should apply to the total tickets but I'm conciouss that promoters and producers want to make money no matter how as you can see in the video. But what do you prefer them letting get control of the total or secure a portion of the total as the very least in grattitude to your musical followers. And it's very important to say that all this apply if the band cares about their fans which I honestly think they do for many reasons it would be long to explain and stories of coldplay fan can express and this is why I take my time to write this which I'm trying really hard it to not be longer than 10 minutes as that's the time it takes Chris to write a hit single.

-> Of course there are going to be people that instead of buying the most expensive ticket is going to buy the most accessible ticket but there would be no problem with that because in that situation there is a kind o laissez faire in the selling but between real people with ID not big companies. With accessible tickets you also make sure viag**** or other reselling websites are not going to get hold of the tickets cause there's match ID and of course promoters won't get hand of those tickets as they will with the rest.

I don't care who buys what as long as there are no shady business in the transactions. I can't stand that bs companies like viag**** or others ruin the dream of any music follower just because they want to make money. Because REALLY they are a band and they perform in front of people (US) and not in front of seatw**** shady businessmen (THEM -- Later with all the earnings they can hire a private show from Coldplay and let me ask you Coldplayer: IS THAT FAIR TO US? I HOPE NOT! )

-> This is something to think about and continue development. I hope Coldplay's manager Frank (who I don't recall his last name (hopefully not O'seary xD) but seen many times around stage) thinks of a solution of this problem, or takes this idea into account, or resign and whatever he thinks is the best suitable out of those options which are all very inteliggent solutions or at the very least demands a solution to whom he should ask the solution to SO WE FANS AND OTHER PEOPLE CAN avoid this kind of drama where money gets in the way of peoples feeling and in worst scenario the ticket is not sold and the seat where a person wanted to be remains empty.

-> I hope you get the idea of this big pile of words that as you can see I can't put it in better words cause I'm still learning english (I may edit this later to patch some thinking bugs). Comment what you think of the whole pile of words, of some, anything counts to help this problem get solved and I'm sorry if any of the ideas written here seem without sense, some are but some of them not meant to be like that .

As always, this is after reading other coldplayers ideas here and there and reading other forums like u2start.com and others.

-> Thanks Coldplaying.com and the community for letting me express what I feel without much trouble [video=youtube;PHpnU5nH83k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHpnU5nH83k

(He's not even playing the piano lol)

Seriously there are other more important problems to take care of (to me) rather than this but I thought I would comment on this situation because it SHOULD be easy to solve AND IT SURPRISES ME there are no words about this scandal comparing Coldplay ticket issue with other bands like U2 or Madonna (which coincidentally are the 3 most convocatory live entertainments)

I think Coldplay could try what U2's manager did with U2 on the last tour. What U2 did I think it was that 10.000 tickets of every stadium concert must be sold under a certain accesible price to include any musical follower to go and hear them live. I'm not sure if those 10k tickets could be resold. However, I'm not saying that for i.e. (internet explorer) all the 60.000 tickets must match the ID of buyer but a percentage of the total out of those 10.000 tickets should be controlled as to guarantee that these ghost allocations or shady business won't take over the 100% of the 60.000 tickets.

*So to summarize my idea: sell a percentage out of the total of tickets in a venue under a certain price ALSO with match ID of buyer or who he declared he is buying them for (giving the option to gift them ONLY once and AT THE SAME TIME he is buying them, for ie. if the father buys the ticket for his son; also the reason to use match ID on these accessible tickets is that if you really want to see your favourite band live and you don't have a lot of money, the chances of you not attending are greatly reduced to near zero because spending your little money or what you have saved into something secondary like an spectacle shows your interest, that you really want to go or else don't spend your little money on it: This doesn't mean that people with money doesn't have interest in what they spend their money, I'm saying that those accessible tickets should exist and they should be controlled so they are not abused by the companies showed on video, and I'm trying to not get anymore thinking on this cause if you don't have money why are you trying to go to a concert right? But anyways we are people and we are free and we can chose in life).

*I swear I tried to summarize.

-> With these accessible tickets you (kind of) compensate that the person who really wants to see them and does not have much money can still go see it. Even if 9999 tickets out of 10000 the accessible tickets that were meant from Coldplay to be sold to people with low economic resources but high interest in the band are bought by "rich" concert attendees, 1 could get the ticket. And it can be 1 as it could be the 10.000. What do I mean with this big explanation, I mean that you let the luck and random play a role in it, letting out all those money grabing **** websites that resell tickets.

This whole explanation is sad because I should be saying that this should apply to the total tickets but I'm conciouss that promoters and producers want to make money no matter how as you can see in the video. But what do you prefer them letting get control of the total or secure a portion of the total as the very least in grattitude to your musical followers. And it's very important to say that all this apply if the band cares about their fans which I honestly think they do for many reasons it would be long to explain and stories of coldplay fan can express and this is why I take my time to write this which I'm trying really hard it to not be longer than 10 minutes as that's the time it takes Chris to write a hit single.

-> Of course there are going to be people that instead of buying the most expensive ticket is going to buy the most accessible ticket but there would be no problem with that because in that situation there is a kind o laissez faire in the selling but between real people with ID not big companies. With accessible tickets you also make sure viag**** or other reselling websites are not going to get hold of the tickets cause there's match ID and of course promoters won't get hand of those tickets as they will with the rest.

I don't care who buys what as long as there are no shady business in the transactions. I can't stand that bs companies like viag**** or others ruin the dream of any music follower just because they want to make money. Because REALLY they are a band and they perform in front of people (US) and not in front of seatw**** shady businessmen (THEM -- Later with all the earnings they can hire a private show from Coldplay and let me ask you Coldplayer: IS THAT FAIR TO US? I HOPE NOT! )

-> This is something to think about and continue development. I hope Coldplay's manager Frank (who I don't recall his last name (hopefully not O'seary xD) but seen many times around stage) thinks of a solution of this problem, or takes this idea into account, or resign and whatever he thinks is the best suitable out of those options which are all very inteliggent solutions or at the very least demands a solution to whom he should ask the solution to SO WE FANS AND OTHER PEOPLE CAN avoid this kind of drama where money gets in the way of peoples feeling and in worst scenario the ticket is not sold and the seat where a person wanted to be remains empty.

-> I hope you get the idea of this big pile of words that as you can see I can't put it in better words cause I'm still learning english (I may edit this later to patch some thinking bugs). Comment what you think of the whole pile of words, of some, anything counts to help this problem get solved and I'm sorry if any of the ideas written here seem without sense, some are but some of them not meant to be like that .

As always, this is after reading other coldplayers ideas here and there and reading other forums like u2start.com and others.

-> Thanks Coldplaying.com and the community for letting me express what I feel without much trouble [video=youtube;PHpnU5nH83k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHpnU5nH83k

(He's not even playing the piano lol)

While it is true that U2 did offer a bloc of $30 tickets for the 360 tour, those were seats at the back of 80,000-100,000 seat stadiums and the price was subsidized by insane prices for the better tickets. In fact, U2 actually directly engaged in premium ticket auctioning for that tour. What they did is not really applicable to Coldplay's tour of venues that only seat a couple thousand.

At the end of the day, touring is a commercial enterprise and being "fair to fans" isn't the point. Selling the entire allotment of tickets is.

If U2 was to play a small venue like RAH, the problem would be the same as for Coldplay I guess.

This matter appears mainly due to the size of the venue. If Coldplay was playing stadiums, just like the previous tour, there would be no scandal.

If U2 was to play a small venue like RAH, the problem would be the same as for Coldplay I guess.

This matter appears mainly due to the size of the venue. If Coldplay was playing stadiums, just like the previous tour, there would be no scandal.

Yeah, the venue size definitely had an impact on the scalping issue this go 'round but don't they typically sell out stadiums too? I assumed tickets are still sold by scalpers/touts no matter size of venue?

I think Coldplay did as much as possible to prevent scalping for this gig with the limitations. I don't think any went directly to scalpers. Of course, some people are always going to look to profit from their spare ticket, but with the insane prices they are charging, I don't think they'll shift them. If there were tickets that went to scalpers, blame the promoter and Gigs and Tours, calling for their manager to resign is a bit uncalled for.

Also, I think tickets did go to fans. Loads of people on here (including myself) managed to get a ticket. The small capacity of the venue will have made getting tickets 10 times harder, but it was possible. Demand greatly exceeded supply for this.

I think Coldplay did as much as possible to prevent scalping for this gig with the limitations. I don't think any went directly to scalpers. Of course, some people are always going to look to profit from their spare ticket, but with the insane prices they are charging, I don't think they'll shift them. If there were tickets that went to scalpers, blame the promoter and Gigs and Tours, calling for their manager to resign is a bit uncalled for.

Also, I think tickets did go to fans. Loads of people on here (including myself) managed to get a ticket. The small capacity of the venue will have made getting tickets 10 times harder, but it was possible. Demand greatly exceeded supply for this.

While most tickets did get sold directly to fans for the NYC shows there were quite a few offered on resell sites like Stubhub. I just wish people who really love the band were able to see them and not have to pay hundreds of dollars to a reseller. On the Mumford site people sell tickets at face value which is something I like; fans selling to other real fans There's probably no real fix to the issue.

Yeah, the venue size definitely had an impact on the scalping issue this go 'round but don't they typically sell out stadiums too? I assumed tickets are still sold by scalpers/touts no matter size of venue?

They do, but it usually takes longer and is easier to still find face value tickets, as well as closer to face value tickets.

But yeah, the MX stadium tour was completely sold out. (at least officially)