✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

OutKast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

GUY IS A SLUT

to be honest, it kind of makes me wish they'd work together again. the best moments from each disc are brilliant (both "Spread" and "Ghetto Musick" sit among my favorite songs right now), but neither of them can sustain it for a full album, especially andre and his staggering 79 minute (!) disc.

still pretty damn good though. :D

I know it's easier for me to think of these albums separately, an R&B album and a rap album. I agree with you, Tom, and I hope Andre has this out of his system and they can start working as a tandem again and not using OutKast as a markting vehicle of two solo projects.

I liked the Love Below a lot more than Speakerboxxx, being a huge fan of rap music, The Love Below was so refreshing, completely stunning. Songs like "Spread" "A day in the life of Benjamin Andre" "Take off your cool" "Prototype" and "She's Alive", it totally transcends the genre of rap music and takes it to amazing places. BTW, Bowtie was my favorite song from Speakerboxxx, and I'm happy to say that's the next single, along with prototype.

I liked the Love Below a lot more than Speakerboxxx' date=' being a huge fan of rap music, The Love Below was so refreshing, completely stunning. Songs like "Spread" "A day in the life of Benjamin Andre" "Take off your cool" "Prototype" and "She's Alive", it totally transcends the genre of rap music and takes it to amazing places. BTW, Bowtie was my favorite song from Speakerboxxx, and I'm happy to say that's the next single, along with prototype.[/quote']

i would think that if you're more into rap, you'd like Speakerboxxx. The Love Below is pretty much a pop record. :cool:

Well, Speakerboxxx is good, but it has a lot of what is wrong with hip hop today. Artists like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nelly, Chingy, Eastide Boys, Baby, Ying Yang Twins, they all really suck and are considered rap. When I talk about rap, I'm talking more like Talib Kweli and a bunch of other artists you've never heard of, lol.

I liked the Love Below a lot more than Speakerboxxx' date=' being a huge fan of rap music, The Love Below was so refreshing, completely stunning. Songs like "Spread" "A day in the life of Benjamin Andre" "Take off your cool" "Prototype" and "She's Alive", it totally transcends the genre of rap music and takes it to amazing places. BTW, Bowtie was my favorite song from Speakerboxxx, and I'm happy to say that's the next single, along with prototype.[/quote']

It transcends rap because The Love Below isn't a rap album. It's an R&B album by a rap artist. If you judge it in terms of a "rap" or "hip-hop" album then yes, it's revolutionary. But it's a mistake to think of The Love Below as a rap album just because an OutKast member made it: The album is an R&B album, IMO.

Well' date=' Speakerboxxx is good, but it has a lot of what is wrong with hip hop today. Artists like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nelly, Chingy, Eastide Boys, Baby, Ying Yang Twins, they all really suck and are considered rap. When I talk about rap, I'm talking more like Talib Kweli and a bunch of other artists you've never heard of, lol.[/quote']

wow

I especially like how you assume we don't know who that is.

Well' date=' Speakerboxxx is good, but it has a lot of what is wrong with hip hop today. Artists like 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nelly, Chingy, Eastide Boys, Baby, Ying Yang Twins, they all really suck and are considered rap. When I talk about rap, I'm talking more like Talib Kweli and a bunch of other artists you've never heard of, lol.[/quote']

wow

wow

Talib Kweli is pretty well known.

It's probably best to assume that somebody who knows about hip hop is familiar with him than the other way around.