✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Greetings from Singapore!

wanderwonder

Hi, I'm Crystal :)

I've been a long time casual listener of the band since I was barely a teenager (I think just before X&Y came out). 2 weeks ago, on the spur of the moment, I entered the fandom lol. I started listening to the entire discography again and went on to read and watch many interviews of theirs - especially everything with Guy lol I call him the Scottish berry ('cos he's Scottish and looks delicious, get it?).

After seeing their interviews and stuff, I'm very touched and inspired by how kind and passionate they are, their amazing chemistry and friendship, and how sincere they are about their craft. I wish I got into the fandom years earlier. Even so I really love and adore the first 3 albums. But a handful of gems (personally love Violet Hill, Magic, Charlie Brown, Major Minus, and Lost!) came out of the later albums so I'm half very excited and half very afraid of AHFOD :dizzy2: I really hope they will come to Singapore for AHFOD. I couldn't afford the tickets to their past concerts but I can now so hearing that they plan to do an extensive tour for AHFOD is very good news to me!

Other rock bands I enjoy listening to include (listing offhand) Muse, Snow Patrol, Blur, U2, The Killers, The Stones, Two Doors Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys, Churchill (I'm so upset they disbanded!), etc. and some local Singapore bands like The Sam Willows, MONSTER CAT, The Analog Girl, Gentle Bones and Plainsunset. If you're interested, you can check out these bands on Spotify. The Sam Willows even has a 2nd version of their song Glasshouse produced by Steve Lillywhite (Rolling Stones and U2 producer). Our music scene is extremely small and limited but there are great stuff out there :D

Welcome! Glad you like the band and finally discovered what they're all about... Even better you've come and said 'hi' :)

I'm originally from your neck of the woods and certainly share a love of the British bands listed... Don't forget Radiohead!

My story's a bit more serious... I know them from Parachutes, initially thought Yellow was meh but loved Trouble... As for the band, I'm eternally grateful - they literally saved my life. I'm not sure I would be around, and I definitely would be less well-adjusted if I hadn't found them when I did... Those were some very dark days in my life.

Thanks guys!

Welcome! Glad you like the band and finally discovered what they're all about... Even better you've come and said 'hi' :)

I'm originally from your neck of the woods and certainly share a love of the British bands listed... Don't forget Radiohead!

My story's a bit more serious... I know them from Parachutes, initially thought Yellow was meh but loved Trouble... As for the band, I'm eternally grateful - they literally saved my life. I'm not sure I would be around, and I definitely would be less well-adjusted if I hadn't found them when I did... Those were some very dark days in my life.

Shit. I forgot about Radiohead! I adore Radiohead a hell lot! I can't believe I forgot about them :whaaat:

It warms my heart dearly whenever I hear about how music helped someone through a difficult time. I think the guys would be happy to know what their music means to you :) I hope things have gotten a lot better for you. You're a strong person :)

Hi Crystal! Welcome to Coldplaying! :)

I became a fan by listening to X&Y, though that was around when MX came out. Coldplay have gotten me through so much... X&Y clicked with me right in the middle of the darkest times of my life so thank goodness I had them. They will always be a part of me, regardless of what their future holds. As for those other artists you enjoy, you have some brilliant taste! I should give those local bands a listen... there are some real gems outside the realm of British and North American rock.

Hi Crystal! Welcome to Coldplaying! :)

I became a fan by listening to X&Y, though that was around when MX came out. Coldplay have gotten me through so much... X&Y clicked with me right in the middle of the darkest times of my life so thank goodness I had them. They will always be a part of me, regardless of what their future holds. As for those other artists you enjoy, you have some brilliant taste! I should give those local bands a listen... there are some real gems outside the realm of British and North American rock.

Thank you :D

The power of music never fails to amaze me. I'm glad things have gotten better for you :)

There are many terrific artistes outside of North America and Britain, no matter pop, R&B, hip hop or rock. Thanks to Guy I started listening to Mew from Denmark. I also recently started discovering bands from East Asia but they don't sing in English so it's really more about the musicality...

Thank you :D

The power of music never fails to amaze me. I'm glad things have gotten better for you :)

There are many terrific artistes outside of North America and Britain, no matter pop, R&B, hip hop or rock. Thanks to Guy I started listening to Mew from Denmark. I also recently started discovering bands from East Asia but they don't sing in English so it's really more about the musicality...

That's right, music crosses all borders... I have a friend who lived in Japan for 4 years. He recently introduced me to a popular Japanese band called Mr. Children. They are quite well-known in their country but unheard-of everywhere else. They sing in very little English but musically I like what I am hearing. :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here and very excited to be part of this. :)

What do you think about Amazing Day? I personally think it's reminescent to GS and it's okay, I need to get used to it but I hope AHFOD (if it's part of the album and not created specially for the Global Citizen concert) will be slightly different, I'm looking forward to hearing the old times :arobtth:

Hello grinds and Andu :)

I think Mila said in an interview that AHFOD is going to be very different from GS. There's no confirmation whether Amazing Day will be in AHFOD so there's still hope lol

That's right, music crosses all borders... I have a friend who lived in Japan for 4 years. He recently introduced me to a popular Japanese band called Mr. Children. They are quite well-known in their country but unheard-of everywhere else. They sing in very little English but musically I like what I am hearing.

I like Mr. Children! I haven't listened to a lot of their songs but I'm fond of them so far. My friend introduced me to L'Arc~en~Ciel recently. They're quite a big band, apparently. Their new drummer is meh but the bassist is pretty sick.

I haven't checked out other bands from Taiwan but I practically grew up on Mayday. Highly recommended! They're the first rock band I listened to (going from Mayday to I'VE BECOME SO NUMB I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE was a very huge jump but well, good times LOL) and their songs have gotten me through some difficult times (I speak Mandarin so I know what they're singing) so they have a special place in my heart. They're the no. 1 rock band among the Chinese community. They're known to have great concerts too but I couldn't afford them :(

Their Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/16s0YTFcyjP4kgFwt7ktrY Everything is in Chinese though :confused:

Taiwan makes very beautiful music videos. You should check them out if you have time.

Playlist of all their official music videos:

I think some or most of them translated the lyrics into English in the captions.

Excuse the shameless promo of Mayday lol.

Some of the Korean bands I found so far steer a little towards folk... rock is apparently not that well-received in Korea. It's very hard for them to get on charts :( Popular indie bands include 10cm (Americano is a fun song lol. Basically singing about how much they like drinking Americano and what it goes well with :laugh3:), Standing Egg, Afrodino, Dalmoon and Urban Zakapa.

A bit more mainstream would be Royal Pirates (they're kinda pop-ish but have nice songs. Seoul Hillbilly's my fav. They're a Korean-American trio based in Korea so they have English versions of some songs too! They also have a handsome bassist **cough**), Busker Busker (they managed to top some charts and even won Album of the Year at one award show, which I heard is a big deal because the Korean music industry is greatly dominated by pop). There's a band called CNBLUE that has been very pop-orientated but they started as an indie band in Japan a year, singing in English (that made not much sense lol the English is kinda funny) before going to Korea. Their indie releases are better than what they released in Korea, which is quite a pity.

Welcome Crystal,

I just came back from Singapore two days ago from the Muse gig.

I'm from Thailand, by the way.

Hello! Omg! I had personal commitments so I couldn't attend their concert :( I'm still very upset about that lol. I hope you had great fun!

I like Mr. Children! I haven't listened to a lot of their songs but I'm fond of them so far. My friend introduced me to L'Arc~en~Ciel recently. They're quite a big band, apparently. Their new drummer is meh but the bassist is pretty sick.

I haven't checked out other bands from Taiwan but I practically grew up on Mayday. Highly recommended! They're the first rock band I listened to (going from Mayday to I'VE BECOME SO NUMB I CAN'T FEEL YOU THERE was a very huge jump but well, good times LOL) and their songs have gotten me through some difficult times (I speak Mandarin so I know what they're singing) so they have a special place in my heart. They're the no. 1 rock band among the Chinese community. They're known to have great concerts too but I couldn't afford them :(

Their Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/16s0YTFcyjP4kgFwt7ktrY Everything is in Chinese though :confused:

Taiwan makes very beautiful music videos. You should check them out if you have time.

Playlist of all their official music videos:

I think some or most of them translated the lyrics into English in the captions.

Excuse the shameless promo of Mayday lol.

Some of the Korean bands I found so far steer a little towards folk... rock is apparently not that well-received in Korea. It's very hard for them to get on charts :( Popular indie bands include 10cm (Americano is a fun song lol. Basically singing about how much they like drinking Americano and what it goes well with :laugh3:), Standing Egg, Afrodino, Dalmoon and Urban Zakapa.

A bit more mainstream would be Royal Pirates (they're kinda pop-ish but have nice songs. Seoul Hillbilly's my fav. They're a Korean-American trio based in Korea so they have English versions of some songs too! They also have a handsome bassist **cough**), Busker Busker (they managed to top some charts and even won Album of the Year at one award show, which I heard is a big deal because the Korean music industry is greatly dominated by pop). There's a band called CNBLUE that has been very pop-orientated but they started as an indie band in Japan a year, singing in English (that made not much sense lol the English is kinda funny) before going to Korea. Their indie releases are better than what they released in Korea, which is quite a pity.

Wow, thank you for the suggestions!!! :D I will definitely check out each of those bands, I guess I've got a lot of listening to do, especially Mayday. :)

• Like 1