✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-04-15] Foro Sol, México

grids

How did you sign up to do that? And what are you doing as a volunteer?

I'm sorry I didn't answer this before. I was very excited to see Coldplay for the very first time and almost for free. I said almost because I was a volunteer which was very tiring. I signed up when I received an invitation to be part of it; I signed up to Global Citizen and since then I get email notifications for signing different campaigns and being a volunteer in a Coldplay concert was one of them. I filled out a form were they asked why you wanted to be a volunteer to talk about gender equality and the campaign #Levelthelaw and I think they liked my answers because they called me to make an interview through Skype. I thought I wasn't chosen because I was very nervous and most of the times I was just answering "yes" lol. But a week before the concert I got an email saying I was accepted to be part of the team of volunteers. I was so happy because that meant I was seeing the band in two of the three concerts they were giving in Mexico City!

So, the day arrived and we met in one of the gates. There were fans from different parts of the country from North to south and the center. We were told our job was to collect as many signs as possible and that we were talking to the fans queuing about gender equality around the world. It was very tiring that's why it wasn't free at all as the weather was too hot (now my arms are a little bit darker) but at the same time it was very exciting. Some fans even believed we were part of the Coldplay team and that we were going to the M&G later. That was really funny we were kind of famous and like very important people. There were two gates, so when we moved to the other one we had to crossed from one part of the venue and ww were able to see the stage before the rest of fans. That was the moment when I took a photo of the stage, but someone shouted "you're not allowed to take photos", it was too late :D

We gather together 15 minutes before the gates were opened. We received the Xylobands (which didn't work during the concert :( ) and we enter the venue before everyone else :) we took some photos which hopefully you'll see on Global Citizen's twitter. And before we chose in which area we wanted to see the concert we saw how the first group of fans enter running as fast as they could. It was really an amazing day!

• Like 5

Guest diogo_sg
I'm sorry I didn't answer this before. I was very excited to see Coldplay for the very first time and almost for free. I said almost because I was a volunteer which was very tiring. I signed up when I received an invitation to be part of it; I signed up to Global Citizen and since then I get email notifications for signing different campaigns and being a volunteer in a Coldplay concert was one of them. I filled out a form were they asked why you wanted to be a volunteer to talk about gender equality and the campaign #Levelthelaw and I think they liked my answers because they called me to make an interview through Skype. I thought I wasn't chosen because I was very nervous and most of the times I was just answering "yes" lol. But a week before the concert I got an email saying I was accepted to be part of the team of volunteers. I was so happy because that meant I was seeing the band in two of the three concerts they were giving in Mexico City!

So, the day arrived and we met in one of the gates. There were fans from different parts of the country from North to south and the center. We were told our job was to collect as many signs as possible and that we were talking to the fans queuing about gender equality around the world. It was very tiring that's why it wasn't free at all as the weather was too hot (now my arms are a little bit darker) but at the same time it was very exciting. Some fans even believed we were part of the Coldplay team and that we were going to the M&G later. That was really funny we were kind of famous and like very important people. There were two gates, so when we moved to the other one we had to crossed from one part of the venue and ww were able to see the stage before the rest of fans. That was the moment when I took a photo of the stage, but someone shouted "you're not allowed to take photos", it was too late :D

We gather together 15 minutes before the gates were opened. We received the Xylobands (which didn't work during the concert :( ) and we enter the venue before everyone else :) we took some photos which hopefully you'll see on Global Citizen's twitter. And before we chose in which area we wanted to see the concert we saw how the first group of fans enter running as fast as they could. It was really an amazing day!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'd love to do something like that too [emoji1]

One question though, how come the Xyloband didn't work?!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'd love to do something like that too [emoji1]

One question though, how come the Xyloband didn't work?!

That's what we wanted to know! Each time we saw the xylobands were shining we looked at ours and they were turn off. I think one out of 10 worked. That's why I decided to keep it. We were asked to give them back to recycle them but as it didn't work I didn't feel guilty about keeping it as a souvenir.

That's what we wanted to know! Each time we saw the xylobands were shining we looked at ours and they were turn off. I think one out of 10 worked. That's why I decided to keep it. We were asked to give them back to recycle them but as it didn't work I didn't feel guilty about keeping it as a souvenir.

Buh, but you were at two shows, right? At the second day, the xylobands shone?

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg

That's so weird!

Same question as @Norys.

Yes! They worked perfectly the second day and it was an amazing moment. So, whatever happened to our xylobands I don't feel disappointed I received them before the rest of the audience and the show was spectacular :)

• Like 1

Maybe the Xylobands weren't activated yet. At least with the ones during the MX tour, you first had to remove a little piece, so the battery could work. Maybe they accidentally gave them out to you guys before that? Just a wild guess...

Very happy for you, @alisbe, that you had such a great time at the two concerts. :)

• Like 1

Maybe the Xylobands weren't activated yet. At least with the ones during the MX tour, you first had to remove a little piece, so the battery could work. Maybe they accidentally gave them out to you guys before that? Just a wild guess...

Very happy for you, @alisbe, that you had such a great time at the two concerts. :)

Thanks :) . And I'm not disappointed at all, I was waiting for that specific moment though. Perhaps they weren't activated because we received them separated to the rest. Whatever the reason it was it gave me a good excuse to keep my Xyloband haha