✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-04] Chris and Jonny talk about the potential hiatus

Coldplay want to serve the people

bigOriginal.jpg?preset=AlmaArticleHeaderDesktop

Coldplay singer Chris Martin at Friends Arena on Sunday evening. Photo: Pontus Lundahl / TT

Coldplay is on her first major tour in four years, but the band also looking forward to a break indefinitely.

- We will pull us away for a while. Sometimes the audience needs to rest, says Chris Martin.

The members of Coldplay's getting tired of talking about that BBC interview, Chris Martin did in December 2014. But they also realize that Martin's statement, it is about the album "A head full of dreams" was "as the last 'Harry Potter '-boken "would not go unnoticed.

One and a half years later, signs seem to indicate that the disc and the current tour will be the last as the band's fans will see and hear in a while.

- There was no official statement I made, it was just something I said in an interview, so this is my fault that it is broken nagging now. But it was true. "A head full of dreams" closes a circle for us. Right now I feel that everything I wanted to say has been said in our seven albums, says Chris Martin.

- Our last two albums were recorded immediately after each other. We squeezed out of us our last creative drops. The thought of going into the studio again after this tour is not even worth thinking says guitarist Jonny Buckland.

Coldplay's decision to lie low after touring the termination is not due to any sort of declining popularity. Each band go, so they filled the largest stadiums. So far, "A Head Full of Stars" tour seen by over a million people and eventually the band would emulate other great musical stars who aged with their audience.

- We want to reach a point where we can be of service, where we can become part of the furniture in a good way - for people to come and settle on us when they want - or be like a good restaurant that people want to come back to . I think that's what Bruce Springsteen is doing. He provides a service to anyone who likes his music, Martin says.

The band will shatter is therefore nothing that Coldplay fans have to worry about, not least because both Buckland and Martin say they "love to make music together." But there is also a goal they have not yet reached.

- We still have not written the perfect pop song, which is annoying. But we have made no attempt, says Chris Martin.

Is the perfect pop songs?

- The other day I was listening to the Bee Gees' Stayin 'Alive'. It is perfect. "Dancing Queen" by Abba, where you also have a perfect song says Martin.

original

• Like 9

“- We want to reach a point where we can be of service, where we can become part of the furniture in a good way - for people to come and settle on us when they want - or be like a good restaurant that people want to come back to . I think that's what Bruce Springsteen is doing. He provides a service to anyone who likes his music, Martin says.” :P

Thanks Gai~

• Like 1

We want to reach a point where we can be of service, where we can become part of the furniture in a good way - for people to come and settle on us when they want - or be like a good restaurant that people want to come back to . I think that's what Bruce Springsteen is doing. He provides a service to anyone who likes his music, Martin says.

Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like his furniture and restaurant analogies, but I also want Coldplay to make music for the sake of making music, rather than just as a product for a consumer.

• Like 4